About the Team:
The BI & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analysis, and deep partnership with the business.
We currently manage a data stack consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, BigQuery and Looker, and are in the process of migrating to a world class platform consisting of a master data lake and a central orchestrastration system. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth.
Our work spans BI dashboards for business and exec. users, ML models for retention forecasting, and data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers. We are looking for a curious, collaborative, and high-output data pro to join our team.
About the Role:
In this high-impact role, you’ll be a technical and business partner to Product, working across Product and Engineering to build data infrastructure, process and data products that help AlphaSense scale.
You’ll be responsible for delivering data and insights that inform product and content strategy and business decisions. You’ll also take a lead role in designing tracking/infrastructure improvements and partnering with Engineering to implement.Who You Are:
- Passionate About Data: You are an expert in SQL and have a passion for the ‘modern data stack’ (ie: ingest and transformation tools, cloud based DWH and BI). You have several years of experience in a hands-on data role, with some experience as a data owner for a department (Python experience a plus)
- Growth oriented: You thrive in fast paced environments, have a ‘whatever it takes’ mentality and are eager to help us scale our business.
- A Strong Process Owner & Communicator: You possess the ability to fluidly translate business questions to technical specs/data products and explain the process/outputs to non-technical audiences
- Collaborative: You possess the ability to partner smoothly with engineering teams to design, implement and test data infrastructure, and with business users to support data-driven outcomes
- Experience transforming data in modeling tools such as dbt, LookML, and working with a cloud-based data warehouse (BigQuery/GCP experience a plus)
- Experience building in a modern BI platform (Looker a strong plus), and training business users to self-serve
- You possess a deep curiosity and tenacity to understand data and business questions
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the data engineering team to properly identify and ingest critical data from internal and external sources
- Partner with multiple internal business organizations to ensure tracking, pipelines and modeling meet business needs and technical best practices
- Create highly readable and auditable models for use in analytics/reporting, product and business operations
- Contribute to creating a data centric organization by onboarding and training business users to our data analysis and visualization tools
- Build mission critical analyses and reporting which are central and pertinent to senior leadership and majority of the company (new users, active users, platform utilization etc.)
- Be a key partner in building a high-performing data org by sharing knowledge, creating dynamic processes and creating documentation that helps us scale
- Play a central role in scaling data’s impact at AlphaSense from a technical, operations and enablement perspective
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s
commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.