The Pluralsight Data Org boasts one of the most innovative and highest performing Analytics teams in the world. We focus on using data to improve outcomes for our colleagues, our leadership, our customers, our authors, and everyone in the Pluralsight community. In addition, we are a team that values and encourages diverse ideas, backgrounds, and strengths. And lastly, we consider carefully the ethical and security implications of choices we make when using data, as well as the impact of our work on customers and colleagues.
It's within that context that we are seeking an Analytics Engineer focused on Practices and Enablement. In this role, you will be required to use your knowledge and passion for analytics to help team members in the Revenue org overcome obstacles in their journey to becoming a fully capable contributor.
The perfect applicant for this role should be enthusiastic in their approach to analytics skill and tool enablement. We are looking for someone who will embrace the opportunity to be an awesome analytics engineer for those who are still on their data learning journey, helping overcome both acute and systemic obstacles for our internal user base.
We love team members who are aware of how crucial it is to be proactive and communicative, fully dedicated to providing insights and recommendations in both a technical and non-technical manner. Also, we love those who routinely and reflexively create "statement of work" documentation, seek opportunities to mentor others, and create metadata to help place code in context.
Who you're committed to being:
- You use data to improve outcomes for your colleagues, our leadership, our customers, our authors, and everyone in the Pluralsight community.
- You are a proactive, self-aware, and insightful communicator.
- You create reproducible and extensible work.
- You appreciate being on a team that values and encourages diverse ideas, backgrounds, and strengths.
- You create a roadmap for excellent output by identifying the questions and objectives that drive each project.
- You are open to changing your methods and conclusions in response to new knowledge.
- You present your work in ways that empower others to make more informed decisions.
- You carefully consider the ethical and security implications of choices you make when using data, as well as the impact of your work on customers and colleagues.
- You help others understand the most useful and appropriate applications of data to tackle real-world problems.
- You deeply understand existing and new technology trends, and you work with business partners to review and recommend innovative and cost-effective solutions.
- You are a creative problem-solver and enjoy overcoming obstacles that some may perceive as blockers.
What you'll own:
- The enablement of Pluralsight team members, helping them use new datasets and dashboards that drive decision making optimization for the business
- Assist in the curation and visualization of metrics, including Key Performance Indicators that drive operational and strategic success!
- Creation of datasets and dashboards to help with growth and expansion of our strategic revenue motion
- The establishment and communication of analytics-related standards, including but not limited to code review, governance of processes, visualization standards, clearly defined use cases, and data security measures
- Ad hoc troubleshooting and assistance to unblock your colleagues in their myriad analytical pursuits
- Promotion of a culture of collaboration by organizing knowledge bases, contributing regularly, and encouraging others to contribute
- Using your ability as a "systems problem solver" to proactively identify and transform suboptimal data, code, or infrastructure for the purpose of maximizing impact!
- Interfacing closely with Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, as well as other operational teams within the business to create multi-functional relationships that help with the understanding of company data needs
Experience you'll need:
- Strong SQL skills. Knowledge of one programming language (Python, R, etc.) and/or dbt is a plus.
- Expertise building responsive data visualizations using Tableau or equivalent
- Track record of training and enabling users of analytics tools and methods
- Great foundation in Database Systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and data modeling standards: Experience with Snowflake and/or Fivetran preferred
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.