Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
Our story - continued commitment to doing the right thing
2005 seems like a long time ago. Simply Business – a small company with a big idea. To transform the way that other small businesses could get the insurance that they need. To reduce time, hassle and jargon wherever possible while introducing the simplicity, choice and value that small businesses are entitled to. To protect them from harm. To keep their livelihoods safe. And to do all this with the promise of positive service. Delivered by happy people, working flexibly, learning constantly. With a restlessly innovative spirit. Within a business committed to doing the right thing. All of the time.
As we’ve grown, we’ve tried hard to keep true to this. To ourselves, to our 800 strong team and to the 3.5m customers that we’ve served so far. And as we move forward, as we enter a big new market, as we grow responsibly, as we improve our products, as we offer our customers more of what they need, of what they deserve, we’ll hold onto the focus of that small company with the big idea. Protecting and serving businesses across the UK and the US. From barbers to bakers, consultants to cleaners, they are the backbone of the economy.
And we’ll continue to stand by them. Bit by bit helping their dreams grow, just like ours.
Why do we need this role?
- This role will sit within the global Data and Analytics team (DNA) in Simply Business. DNA has been central to empowering data-driven decision making at SB. We have invested heavily in our data pipeline, data engineering and our business intelligence capabilities.
- In 2023 and beyond, we will continue investing a significant amount of effort in ramping up our Business Intelligence capabilities to drive business decisions.
- The primary duty of this role will be to provide analytical support for our business stakeholders. This includes leading the measurement and evaluation of our product value streams and ensuring that we continuously improve the effectiveness of our product investments. Success in this role will require you to be a trusted advisor to our business partners, ensuring we focus our efforts on the most value-added insights initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Creating data models in our Snowflake data warehouse
- Integrate new sources of data to enrich our analytical capabilities
- Work with the engineering and product teams to ensure application design accommodates reporting and analytics requirements
- Work with various business and engineering teams to ensure reliable, scalable, robust architecture for our analytics platform and ETL pipelines
- Partner with stakeholders to identify business use cases and translate them into the right analytical problem that you will build, test and productionize
- Particular focus will be on use cases that will help us drive operational efficiencies as the organization scales.
- Increase the organization's ability to convert more customers.
- Clearly communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to non-technical audiences
- Contribute to longer term strategic DNA projects
What are we looking for:
- At least 3 years of overall experience in data & analytics, operational analytics experience is desired;
- Degree with analytics or software engineering experience or equivalent work experience;
- Experience with cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake or similar;
- Experience designing and creating SQL data models (dbt experience a plus);
- Strong communication and data presentation skills through the use of effective data visualization and BI tools, e.g. Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc;
- Effective at building strong, influential relationships with colleagues and partners, with demonstrated success in delivering impactful insights to executives;
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in a globally distributed team environment
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 5% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on parking and public transit costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 sick days and 10 company holidays
• A genuine investment in your learning and development
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to welcoming and helping to grow employees within an inclusive & diverse culture. And that commitment starts with our interview process.
Once you apply, your info will be reviewed in a committee with employees from different levels, teams, and experiences. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of community, which is only made stronger by each individual at SB, so you'll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people throughout the process. Get excited!
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/
What's going on with work from home and return to the office?
More and more, people are talking about going back to the workplace and the new normal. At Simply Business, we’re thinking of it as a Better Normal. That means offering our SBers more choice and greater flexibility to work in a way that’s best for their particular job, their teams, and their lives.
We’re shifting to a hybrid working model, so we’ll have employees working virtually and in the office at any given time.
We’re also aware there are times when working together in person is the best way to get things done. We expect our SBers to connect in their hubs (that’s what we call our offices) most likely four times a month. That said, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, so we expect all SBers and their teams will find the operating rhythm that works best for them.
If you’re wondering what it might be like for you at Simply Business, our Talent Acquisition is happy to answer any questions. In fact for them, it’s perfectly normal.
Most of our interviews will still take place over Zoom (however, depending on the role, there may be the opportunity/expectation to meet members of the team in-person). If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone. If you don’t have access to either of these, or you need support with your application, get in touch with us at [email protected]. Similarly, please email us with any questions or if you want to pause your application for a bit – we’ll be happy to keep you updated on future opportunities like the one above.