TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human-based approach to transform debt resolution and to get people on the path towards financial health. Every year, more than 70 million Americans have negative experiences dealing with debt. We are changing this by providing personalized digital experiences that guide lenders and consumers through this challenging financial process.
With a world-class leadership team, passionate team members, and proprietary predictive models trained on years worth of transactional data, TrueAccord is well-positioned to deliver on a huge opportunity: helping millions of consumers to regain and keep their financial footing while lowering the cost of doing business for creditors across many industries.
As an Analytics Engineer on the team, you will partner with Product, Engineering, Sales, Finance, and Operations to supply clean datasets, modeling data in a way that allows end-users to answer their own questions. Stakeholders will include business users asking domain-specific questions up through Analysts working on open-ended investigations. The role will focus primarily on applying software engineering principles to transforming, testing, and documenting data. Underlying data analysis is a secondary focus for the role - as an expert in the data, you’ll be called on to help answer questions.
Your role will challenge you to ask the right questions and strive to answer them thoroughly. As the ideal candidate, you’ll have a deep sense of curiosity for data, its contents and oddities, and the ability to design domain-aware data models that help stakeholders reason about business processes. Deliverables will include new datasets, documentation, performance measurement and reporting, experiment analysis, forecasting, inventory controls, and exception reporting, communications around findings, and training for our data customers.
Our team focuses on writing clean and concise SQL, careful communication, and thoughtful data modeling to support fast analytics. We leverage both programming languages and BI tools like Looker for exploration and presentation. We love to learn and teach! We encourage collaboration and recognize the importance of supporting each other – no single person can know everything!
What We’re Looking for:
- Endless curiosity and the desire to make a real impact
- The courage to admit you don’t understand something
- SQL proficiency: joins, aggregation
- Understanding of data quality and usability
- A strong desire to automate repetitive work
- Ability to build data transformation pipelines
- Data modeling experience: table and schema design, key structures. If you don’t, we’ll coach you!
- Tenacity – questions can be challenging!
You might also have:
- 3+ years of experience using quantitative data analysis to solve problems and drive performance
- Programming experience in Python, R, or similar languages
- Interest in data science and machine learning
Benefits, Perks, and Culture
- Everything you need to work remotely
- Work with talented and motivated people in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k (with match), flex spending plan, and life insurance
- Family-friendly policies - parental leave, flexible work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Transportation benefits
- Paid time off to do volunteer work in your community!
We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change. Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.