Analytics Engineer at The Looma Project (Remote)
We have a Sr. Analytics Engineer position posted as well — we'll be hiring one or the other, not both.
Looma exists to connect shoppers to the people and stories behind food & beverage products. Our first product, Loop™ At-Shelf Maker Stories, is a network of smart tablets in grocery stores that play short, human-centric films connecting producer to consumer. The data generated by Loop™ fuels our proprietary film production and optimization processes, forming a flywheel we believe will one day power the world’s most sophisticated platform for human-centric point-of-decision video.
Joining a small but mighty data science team, Looma’s Analytics Engineer will own the data infrastructure that powers multiple products and processes across the company. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who’s eager to build out a modern data stack from an early stage. With a functioning initial version of a Fivetran / dbt / BigQuery stack powering our current data products, we are ready to welcome a team member who can take it to the next level. If you dream of a place where useful, reliable data is at the fingertips of both casual and sophisticated analysts, help us make it a reality at Looma.
The responsibilities for this role can be split into four primary categories:
- Data Modeling: 50%
- Supporting Business Intelligence Needs: 20%
- Data Quality: 20%
- Data Ingestion: 10%
Data Modeling (50%)
- Own the “T” in ELT: Design and implement data models that support the work of data scientists and internal users
- Implement best practices for dbt configurations and processes
Supporting Business Intelligence Needs (20%)
- Partnering with external stakeholders to develop dashboards
- Owning the BI tool selection and support
Data Quality (20%)
- Expand and monitor automated testing for data quality issues
- Assist internal teams in understanding data quality requirements
Data Ingestion Pipelines (10%)
- Collaborate with engineers to set up pipelines for custom data source ingestion
- Oversee Fivetran-based data ingestion
- Update and maintain data ingestion from internal APIs
- Empathy for a wide variety of data users
- Ability to create structure from ambiguity
- Strong SQL skills; dbt experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of analytics engineering best practices, such as use of version control, data modeling for analytics, and data-specific testing.
- Business intelligence tool experience
Structure & Compensation
Looma will provide a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary and stock options. All Looma compensation packages include cash / equity flexibility (i.e. you can opt for more equity and less cash or vice-versa).
- Employee coverage for health, dental, and vision (gold plan)
- Unlimited PTO (3-week minimum)
- 12-week primary caregiver leave
- Flexible office setting (office, flex, or WFH, with associated stipends)
- $100/month craftsmanship stipend
Looma’s Hiring Philosophy
Looma believes culture is one of the strongest predictors of success for a startup. Strong contributors to Looma’s culture will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Emotional Intelligence
Diversity & Nondiscrimination
Looma believes diversity is a fundamental good, and we are committed to promoting diversity both in our workplace and through the stories we tell. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status, class or caste status, or any other protected class. Our global nondiscrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business.