Analytics Engineer II at Okta (Remote)
The Analytics Engineer will help build, scale and maintain the entire data platform. The ideal candidate will have a deep technical understanding, hands-on experience in distributed computing, big data, ETL, dimensional modelling, columnar databases and data visualization. The candidate should feed on challenges and love to be hands on with recent technologies.
This job plays a key role in data infrastructure, analytics projects, and systems design and development. You should be passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, applying and contributing towards cutting edge open source Data technologies and software paradigms.What You'll Do:
- Contributing at a senior-level to the data platform design by implementing a solid, robust, extensible design that supports key business flows.
- Performing all of the necessary data transformations to populate data lake.
- Establishing efficient design and programming patterns that beat SLAs and help easily manage the data platform.
- Designing, integrating and documenting technical components for seamless data extraction and analysis.
- Adopting best practices in our data systems and shared across teams.
- Contributing to innovations and data insights that fuel Auth0’s mission.
- Working in a team environment, interacting with multiple groups on a daily basis (very strong communication skills).
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience. Ability to write, analyze, and debug SQL queries.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with Data Warehouse design, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load), architecting efficient software designs for DW platform.
- Extensive knowledge in data modeling best practices.
- Experience in Tableau, Apache SuperSet, Looker or similar BI tools.
- Knowledge of AWS Redshift, Snowflake or similar databases.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $90,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.