Analyst at Opendoor
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:45 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
As an analyst in Finance & Strategy, you will have a unique opportunity to sit between operations, data science, and finance; embedding with our business units and regional teams to set our company forecasts and own key processes central to Opendoor’s growth and margins. Ideally, you have experience in analytics and developing financial models at a retail, e-commerce, or technology business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using multiple sources of data available to Opendoor to create forecasts for revenue
- Creation and analysis of PnL statements for Opendoor’s markets
- Working with stakeholders in Finance, Ops, Pricing, and Product to continuously improve the monthly / annual forecasting process
- Playing a key role in monthly business reviews
- Providing key inputs into Opendoor’s market level pricing operations
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 2 to 4 years in FP&A, investment banking, management consulting, and/or forecasting roles
- Fluency in Excel and/or Google suite products
- SQL experience strongly preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivation, low ego, stellar work ethic, and a passion for solving complex business and operational problems
- Experience in stakeholder management and / or business partnering
- Experience at fast-paced, high-growth technology start-up
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Mode, BigQuery, Snowflake)
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description