Analyst at Govini (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:12 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Govini is a decision science firm dedicated to transforming the business of national security through data science and machine learning. Through its National Security Knowledge Graph and Decision Science Platform, Govini delivers objective, decision-grade information at scale to the national security enterprise, so that leaders can better direct investments to innovation and modernization. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking highly-motivated Analysts to perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative analyses on problems of importance to U.S. national security. These problems include, for example, assessing risk within the Defense Industrial Base, isolating inefficiencies in business operations, and quantifying how investments drive performance outcomes and align with strategic aims. Analysts are responsible for communicating data-driven insights to executives in the national security community using data visualization, compelling written papers, and briefings.
In order to do this job well, you must be analytical, curious, and driven to make an impact. Analysts at Govini have a firm understanding of how to use data to solve problems. You have a quantitative mindset and understanding of the tools required to dig into data. You understand defense acquisition processes and the importance of effective and efficient program management. You ask hard, uncomfortable questions. You have a professional acumen that allows you to lead conversations with top DoD and government agency officials. You know there are always multiple answers to hard problems, and you know how to engage in a constructive dialogue to find the best path forward.
This role is a full-time position located out of our office in Arlington, VA.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Work with national security professionals to answer their critical business questions
- Use quantitative tools to clean, manipulate, and synthesize multiple streams of unstructured data
- Conduct quantitative analysis to establish objective and accurate views of business operations, producing valuable insights for customers and recommendations to improve performance
- Present data-driven findings in a concise and compelling manner to executives and government officials
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in key knowledge areas, such as national security strategy, defense acquisitions and program management, and/or Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution (PPBE)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree
- Strong business acumen, excellent professional demeanor with a willingness to work outside of your comfort zone in a fast-paced environment without hesitation
- Referenceable history of exceptional performance conducting high-quality analysis
- Outstanding listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams and projects, learn quickly, and work independently with little supervision
- Proficiency with Python or R and familiarity with SQL
- 1-5 years experience performing analysis; preference for research, quantitative analysis, data manipulation, and data visualization skills
- Extensive knowledge of defense acquisition life cycle and program management
- 1-5 years experience performing analysis; preference for defense acquisitions and program management, or Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution (PPBE)
- Current possession of a U.S. security clearance
- Additional education or certificate in Data Analytics or similar field
If a candidate meets the criteria above they must fit into one of the following two profiles:
Technical Data Analyst Skills:
Defense Acquisition Analyst Skills:
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Information on Govini
Govini operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Arlington, VA, Pittsburgh, PA and San Francisco, CA. Govini was founded in 2011. It has 80 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K). To see all 22 open jobs at Govini, click here.
Read Full Job Description