Analyst Senior, Strategy & Business Analysis at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for performing complex data analysis to support business strategy development and implementation. Implement efficient processes for gathering and evaluation of data. Make recommendations to influence key strategic business decisions and use creative thinking to support development of the long term regional strategy.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Responsible for importing, cleaning, transforming, validating and modeling data with the purpose of understanding and making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes.
- Performs routine business analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining.
- Combine market and competitive intel with cost and pricing forecast data to provide recommendations about future footprint expansions.
- Generates presentations, reports, and dashboards that visually displays data in a way that makes insights from complex data understandable and useable for the audience.
- Works cross-functionally within the division to support opportunities to improve EVA.
- Accesses and retrieves information and data from various systems and reporting tools. Finds ways to automate the retrieval wherever possible.
- Participates in implementing the division’s strategic plan process and generating content for strategic business plans.
- Develops and implements consistent and repeatable data processes.
- Creates data tools for performing complex scenario and sensitivity analyses and long term simulations. Creates tools that can be easily adapted to accommodate ever evolving business opportunities.
- Develops regular reporting to be distributed across the organization that contain insights to help with day-to-day decision making.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Manager, Business Information Analytics or Statistics preferred.
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum.
- Shows a high level of mathematical ability with the ability to apply a methodical and logical approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyses, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Supply Chain Optimization tools.
- Ability to make detailed presentations of financial analysis, including on projects and a variety of business problems to executive management
- Able to work equally well with quantitative and qualitative data sources to provide data-driven solutions
- Able to balance data analysis with data visualization
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
- Experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc), along with knowledge of data visualization tools (QlikSense, Tableau, etc.)
- Exposure to syndicated data tools, such as IRI, preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 77,500 - 115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 11
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans