Analyst, Risk Management at Carvana
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now.
About the team and position
The Carvana Risk Management team embraces innovative and thoughtful risk solutions through analytics and data based decision making. The Risk Management Analyst isa key player in those analyses and supporting those decisions. This is a dynamic group with an “all hands on deck” attitude and will present the right candidate a great opportunity to grow and learn.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and maintain data pipelines for analytics and automations.
- Design insightful dashboards and actionable reporting.
- Create and improve avenues of data collection through forms and integrations.
- Collaborate with Risk Management leadership to understand data/analytics needs, and with team members and stakeholders to collect and understand data for effective use and decision making.
- Streamline processes to minimize manual engagement and maximize efficiency.
- Present data/reporting to leaders and decision makers, and effectively articulate the context/stories behind the data.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners to facilitate collaboration and solution implementations.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for all things Risk Management data (i.e. Compliance, Insurance, and Safety.)
What you should know/have
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2+ years experience working with the following applications with intermediate level proficiency in an academic or professional setting:
- Strong analytical skills and mindset.
- Ability to consume, organize, and articulate on large sets of data.
- Ability to translate data into clear, actionable insights for audiences with varied levels of technical expertise.
- Strong motivation to learn new skills and subjects.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more..
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.