Analyst, Revenue Analytics at Vox Media (Remote)
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
Vox Media’s Revenue organization handles advertising and marketing partnerships with brands and agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue and commerce across the organization.WHAT YOU'LL DOThe Revenue Analytics Analyst will join a growing team responsible for building out business intelligence tools to develop insights & narratives for senior leadership. You will be a key member of the Revenue Operations team, which works to support revenue execution, business planning & initiatives, and product, network and category strategies. This person will report into the Director of Revenue Analytics.Your work around metrics, dashboards & analyses will translate into actionable insights for sales, product and network teams to further develop their business. Day to day, this role will include identifying data & analytical needs across the organization and generating ad-hoc memos & automated dashboards to provide access & insight for our key stakeholders. Not only will you influence what data we collect and the processes to capture it--through working with cross-functional sales & operations teams)--you will also have ownership on how data is visualized by way of dashboards and other data solutions all in support of our revenue organization.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, and other data solutions to drive key business decisions
- Forecasting sales performance, assisting in annual & quarterly planning
- Surfacing trends, conducting root causes analyses and uncovering issues; guiding cross-functional strategic conversations, decision-making and execution on solutions
- Maintaining feedback loop between sales, product, network & executive teams on performance, roadblocks, initiatives and launches
- Working closely with Business Operations, Sales & planning teams to generate workflows and processes to improve data depth and quality
- Working with engineering to produce & develop new cross-system datasets and guide the overall nature of the revenue data model
- Maintaining long-term revenue & impression models that shift with business developments
- Tracking yield and sell-through and assisting in rate card and product conversations
- Demonstrate keen communication and presentation skills, preparing, reviewing and conducting briefs with senior leadership
- BA/BS preferred with strong academic record
- 1+ years of digital media experience, or in an outward-facing analytical role
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel, experience with Business intelligence / visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Chartio, etc.); SQL knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of ad operations, ad serving, or familiarity with Salesforce, Operative, GAM, Megaphone, or Google Analytics a plus
- Excellent communication, project management and quantitative skills
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and mediate a large volume of demands and requests
- Smart, proactive learner with strong organizational agility and attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to learn
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is remote. We’re dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team ([email protected]).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.