Analyst, Private Equity at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Private Equity team sits within the Capital Management division and at the center of all the action across the firm. We focus primarily on capital raising, new venture formation, and investment management, among other strategic initiatives. We collaborate with all functions that serve the lifecycle of our investment products from research and business development to financing and portfolio management. The team seeks a strong analyst to support this critical function and drive the business forward through an exciting growth phase.
- Participate in all aspects of opportunity screening for new deal, investor due diligence, financial modeling, capital raising, and deal execution
- Provide analysis to support all decisions driven by Investment Banking team
- Prepare presentation and marketing materials, including request for proposals, diligence, model outputs, and structuring objectives for investors, senior leadership, and Board of Directors
- Support structured finance transactions, including valuating, accounting, third-party engagements, etc.
- Anticipate senior banker needs ahead of planned investor meetings and prepare materials accordingly
- Coordinate work product with legal, tax, accounting, and regulatory parties
- Help prepare client presentations for meetings with investment partners and prospective investors
- With Investor Relations and FP&A, facilitate reporting processes, proper controls, cash flow forecasting
- Collaborate with the team to generate new ideas and further initiatives
- Validate accuracy of reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis
- 1-3 years at an investment bank, a private equity firm, or a consulting firm
- Strong academic background with focus in finance, real estate, accounting, or math preferred
- Advanced skills at complex business modeling in Excel; strong Microsoft Office skills PowerPoint
- Top-ranked performer with a track record of success (academic, professional)
- Strong analytical mindset with great attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, strengths in spreadsheets, databases, and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA and/or CFA nice to have)
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.