The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
This position reports to the Head of Investment Risk within the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management Division and will provide critical, hands-on support in building out the Company’s investment risk function. The Investment Risk Management Analyst will assist with the development of risk-adjusted relative value methodologies across various asset classes, the strategic asset allocation process, and key transaction development activities. This position will also provide the incumbent the opportunity to develop portfolio management skills, decision-making abilities, and will provide deep exposure to financial markets.
- Support special projects on cross-portfolio initiatives such as analyzing new asset classes, understanding capital frameworks and their impact on investment initiatives, and optimizing new strategies under enterprise risk limits.
- Engage in macroeconomic and capital market surveillance which includes synthesizing input from the Company’s various asset management units, investment banks, and external asset managers.
- Produce periodic financial market updates for key stakeholders in the Enterprise Risk and Chief Investment office.
- Assist in the communication of investment activity and performance through the creation of presentation materials and by maintaining internal databases.
- Facilitate the development of the Company’s Aladdin Portfolio Management system with a particular emphasis on accurate reporting of asset classes, issuer concentrations, and stress testing results.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Protective, including ALM, Pricing, Product, CIO, and colleagues throughout Enterprise Risk.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, business, engineering, economics, computer science, finance, accounting, or a similar subject area
- Progress towards or strong interest in professional certification relevant for investment management (e.g. CFA, FRM, CAIA, etc.)
- Ability to develop complex data models in Excel
- Exposure to computer programming (any high-level language)
- Strong communications, analytical, organizational, and negotiating skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to explain results (both oral and written)
- Previous experience in finance, investments, credit analysis or fixed income is preferred
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
More Information on Protective Life
Protective Life operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Birmingham, AL. Protective Life was founded in 2022. It has 2912 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 55 open jobs at Protective Life, click here.
Read Full Job Description