Analyst III - Financial Planning & Analysis at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Analyst III – Financial Planning & Analysis:
Responsible for providing data and financial/operational analysis as directed. Provides analytics to support Ball Aerospace’s Tactical Solutions organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the development of budgets and assists with detailed analyses of the financials, maintenance of standard reporting packages and provides assistances to core business partners.
- Pay attention to detail and is alert to business changes and how they might affect our budgets, rates and financials in the future.
- Coordinate with the FP&A and SBU management team to develop quarterly forecasts.
- Develop and creates monthly and quarterly financial presentations.
- Access and retrieve information and data from various systems and reporting tools. Collaborate with IT and others to support improvements to systems, automate process flows and reports.
- Support cashflow management to include development, tracking and monitoring accounts receivable balances for the business unit.
- Drive standardization of process flow and documentation within the finance function including for audit reviews.
- Develop financial metrics to be used for budgeting, forecasting and other financial purposes.
- Raise the financial acumen within team and core business partners through training and communication.
- Support Government Accounting audits by gathering and analyzing documentation. Including working with auditors, internal/external and DCMA/DCAA.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to learn the Ball Aerospace Resource Tool (BART), in support of financial forecasting.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: finance, accounting, Economic Value Added (EVA), business and economic principles and practices, financial modeling, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, preferred.
- Ability to make detailed presentations of financial analysis, including on projects and a variety of business problems to executive management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make recommendations.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.