Analyst I - Cost Estimating & Pricing at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Analyst I – Cost Estimating & Pricing
In this position, you will contribute to the estimating and pricing strategic support function by applying enterprise cost analysis and cost modeling methods to key pursuits, as well as supporting the Company’s Strategic Business Units (SBU) with pricing strategy and proposal preparation with adherence to the Estimating System Description (ESD) and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Company’s historical data and cost modeling efforts.
- Assist in historical cost and technical data collection and maintenance.
- Help develop and implement Company specific Cost Estimating Relationships (CERs) and other cost metrics.
- Develop and utilize parametric cost modeling tools.
- Perform direct and indirect rate application and Cost Estimating Relationship (CER) analysis checks for accuracy and consistency.
- Support analysis of existing tools and development of new tools to improve proposal cost estimating and pricing functionality and efficiency.
- Support implementation and utilization of a standardized Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Utilize commercial and government based estimating tools to validate other estimating techniques.
- Support a working relationship with government cost groups (AFCAA, DoD CAPE, Joint Space Cost Council, NRO CAAG, ODNI SRA, and SMC).
- Perform Monte Carlo analysis for all proposals and Rough Orders of Magnitude (ROMs).
- Perform Independent Cost Estimates (ICE) for new business opportunities and current program Estimates at Complete (EACs), as needed.
- Assist in the performance of the Cost Estimating and Pricing functions during the proposal lifecycle, which includes new business proposals, ROMs and program change proposals as needed.
- Provide strategic assistance in analysis of proposal products.
- Assist in the collection of historical data, analysis and correlation for Basis of Estimate (BOE) and Realistic Cost Estimate (RCE) development.
- Develop the ability to apply and follow policies and procedures related to external Request for Proposal (RFP) and Announcement of Opportunity (AO) requirements.
- Perform Request for Proposal (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) analysis and compliance related to cost, schedule and proposal submittal.
- Apply lessons learned documentation, assessment and implementation of corrective action/improvements to processes.
- Support and assist in proposal development in both unclassified and classified environments.
- Provide fact finding and negotiations support to proposal teams.
- Conduct presentations for internal management on items related to Ball cost estimating & pricing policies, processes, tools, compliance and industry/government activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- High (Moderate-II) Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, MS Project.
- Willingness to learn and grow in role.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Function in a high paced dynamic team-work environment.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $50,000 - $67,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.