Root's approach to data and technology has opened the door to new ways of auto pricing: new data everywhere, new analytical approaches, and the massive computational power to finally put the two together. We're looking for actuaries that are ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, building better processes and analytics from the ground up.The position.
We're looking for a Actuarial Analyst to execute and enhance our rate revision process and pricing analyses by developing and communicating key insights to drive effective decisions. There's no playbook on how to do this; you'll be partnering within and between teams to creatively problem solve and incorporate insights into a final product.What you'll be doing.
What you should have.
- Execute pricing initiatives including state implementations and rate changes for auto and renters products
- Support rate filings and engineering implementations
- Leverage statistical and projection models to develop rating plans and recommendations for pricing improvements (example: rate indications, limit studies, state specific analysis etc)
- Evaluate and analyze market data to facilitate competitive strategic decisions
- Opportunities for growth with company into management or other more senior roles
- 1+ years of P&C insurance experience in an actuarial role
- Demonstrable experience with analysis in R, Python or other programming language
- Demonstrable experience in SQL or other database software