Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving the $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, consumers have gained access to free stock trades, greater transparency in the mortgage market, and apps that make managing their money more convenient. Yet real estate investment, the most powerful tool for building generational wealth, has largely been the purview of wealthier individuals and professional money managers.
Mynd is determined to overhaul that paradigm.
At Mynd, we’re on a mission to democratize access to happy homes and sustainable investments by making the purchase of single-family residential real estate as effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Moreover, many potential investors don’t want to buy real estate in their geographic area, or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets.
With operations in 25 markets across the U.S. and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with buying real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, lease, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100 percent remotely.
Mynd is Best Places to Work certified, a Built In SF Best Places to Work 2022 winner, and was named the #1 fastest-growing East Bay company by the San Francisco Business Times in 2021. We’ve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, The New York Times, McKinsey, BCG, Compass, Better, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, WeWork, and Facebook. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, Jackson Square, and QED, and recently announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country.
About the role:
The Acquisitions Associate will assist with investing in portfolios or new subdivisions of Single Family Rental (SFR) Homes across multiple geographies and strategies. You will work side-by-side with a best-in-class team to build a large portfolio for institutional investors.
You love to win deals and will deploy millions of dollars. In service of these goals, you will perform deep qualitative and quantitative analysis to inform acquisitions decisions at scale, and support transactions from inception to close. This is an ideal position for someone who has a passion for real estate investment within a tech-enabled environment that is scaling rapidly.
Mynd is at a unique junction in its journey and is poised for hyper growth. Our new Invesco partnership will allow us to make substantial investments in SFR over the next several years and accelerate our trajectory to become the largest SFR investor in the US. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for real estate, curiosity for problem solving, and a collaborative approach to everything you do.
- Underwriting single-family and multi-family rental investment properties;
- Review development and construction plans, specs, budgets and schedules;
- Financial modeling; qualitative and quantitative analysis for the purpose of improving systematic underwriting on large quantities of homes across a variety of geographies and project types;
- Working collaboratively with various departments (i.e. data science, product, leasing and operations) to improve underwriting systems;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance or equivalent work experience and/or education
- 5+ years of experience with Real Estate underwriting, preferably for investment purposes
- Prior experience underwriting and closing multifamily assets
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills, especially working with Excel spreadsheets
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to contribute to and manage multiple projects;
- Data-driven, tech savvy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity in a high-growth startup environment
- Passion for real estate and investing
- Desire to work in a high-tempo, high-growth, team-oriented organization
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.