2022 Staff Internal Auditor at Chewy
Chewy is seeking inquisitive, detailed oriented and tech-savvy students to join our internal audit department as a Staff Auditor based out of Dania Beach, Florida. This role will assist in the planning and execution of the Internal Audit Risk-Based Approach Audit and the SOX program for the company with the opportunity to take ownership and drive processes forward. As a member of the internal audit team in a complex, high-growth stage organization you will gain exposure across business areas as you execute project plans, prepare findings and facilitate business responses. If you’re looking for a unique, fast-pace role with opportunities to jump in and drive change - you’ll want to join our pack!
What you’ll do:
As a staff auditor you will gain understanding and experience with all aspects of internal controls including financial information and technology systems for a complex, high-growth stage organization. The role provides the opportunity to build cross functional relationships with process owners and management, develop effective communication skills, and flex your multi-tasking abilities when required.
- Assist in planning and executing audits in accordance with the department’s policies and procedures, including prioritizing work areas, monitoring progress and ensuring a timely review to meet audit objectives within the scheduled time frame
- Participate in operational and SOX audit planning, fieldwork and reporting
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Perform analysis and review of key internal control procedures, risk and control matrices, and test plans
- Update process related documentation, control testing and deficiency analysis
- Partner with process owners/control owners, and cross-functional teams to provide ongoing SOX support and to ensure controls are designed and implemented effectively
- Consult with Chewy’s external auditors and provide assistance as needed during the financial and internal control audit processes
- Execute special projects and process improvements on ad-hoc basis
Possible start dates for this role are between January 2022 and June 2022.
What you’ll need:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master's program pursuing Accounting
- Strong process analysis, risk and control identification, and problem-solving skills
- Previous internship experience in Internal Audit or Accounting preferably in a fast-pace environment
- Understanding of SOX and internal controls
- Analytical, project management and organizational skills
- Time management skills to work on multiple projects under tight time constraints
- Ability to deal with imperfect information and ambiguity
- Comfortable networking and collaborate cross-functionally
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]