Data Scientist Lead - Marketing Analytics at JPMorgan Chase (Columbus, OH)
Are you deeply curious marketing data scientist looking to lead analytical strategies to tie analytics to business results? This role may be an exciting opportunity for you.
As a Data Scientist Lead on the Consumer Bank Marketing Analytics team you will be responsible for leading measurement and driving the strategy of Chase's Consumer Bank marketing campaigns. The results and learnings from these analyses, which seek to quantify both statistical and practical significance, are used for future campaigns and to optimize Chase's multimillion dollar marketing spend.
- Own the analytics strategy and book of work for core cross line of business cross-sell marketing campaigns including regular campaign performance measurement, unstructured ad hoc analysis of customer behavior, experimental reads, and profitability analysis
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior data scientists supporting cross-sell and data infrastructure
- Consult on experimental design, data collection, and develop new strategies in collaboration with stakeholders and other Data & Analytics teams
- Interpret results and present to stakeholders and senior management
- Continuously lead innovation projects to drive more advanced analytics
- Recruit and train talented data professionals from diverse backgrounds and maintain an inclusive team environment across CB Marketing Analytics
- Maintain a rigorous controls environment to ensure accurate and timely results
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor's and Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (Data Science/Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance or related fields)
- 5+ years of experience in applying statistical methods to real world problems (Marketing analytics experience preferred)
- 5+ years of experience with SQL and at least one of the following analytical tools: SAS, Python, R (Python preferred)
- Experience working in cloud-based analytics platforms such as Snowflake or AWS Tools
- Experience with visualization techniques for data analysis and presentation (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe/Omniture Insight/Visual Sciences, Webtrends, CoreMetrics, etc.)
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills with experience communicating concisely and effectively with all levels of management and partners
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- A highly independent leader with a growth mindset
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn new things with an eye towards innovation
- A strategic thinker and the ability to focus on business goals
- Excellent at solving unstructured problems independently. Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
Relocation is not offered/supported for this role
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We're proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions - all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
The CCB Data & Analytics team responsibly leverages data across Chase to build competitive advantages for the businesses while providing value and protection for customers. The team encompasses a variety of disciplines from data governance and strategy to reporting, data science and machine learning. We have a strong partnership with Technology, which provides cutting edge data and analytics infrastructure. The team powers Chase with insights to create the best customer and business outcomes.