Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Staff Application Security Engineer.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom ®, Eureka Math ™ and PhD Science ™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org .
Our Market Position
Great Minds' Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Senior Application Security Engineer ensures our applications are empowered with the right tooling to maintain a high level of security and compliance. The Application Security Engineer works collaboratively with our Development and DevOps teams to define security processes that are efficient and effective. They will identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities in applications and provide guidance to development teams on secure coding practices.
- Collaborate with development teams to integrate security into the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Conduct security assessments of applications, including code reviews and penetration testing
- Identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities in applications
- Provide guidance to development teams on secure coding practices
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security threats and trends
- Develop and maintain security policies and procedures
- Contribute to creation of runbooks
- Contribute to the production and tuning of detection rules
- 8+ years of experience in application security, software development, or related field
- Strong knowledge of secure coding practices, web application security, and threat modeling
- Experience with common web application vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Experience with security testing tools such as Burp Suite and OWASP ZAP
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience with Docker and ideally Kubernetes
- Technical knowledge of SaaS systems in a cloud environment
- Bachelor's degree
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com . If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact [email protected] .
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization's commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.