Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we're looking for a Security Operations Engineer to enhance and up-level the security of Grammarly's product and the cloud infrastructure behind it. User privacy is a top priority for us, so this role will directly influence the millions of users who trust Grammarly every day.
Grammarly's engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs-and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog .
As a Software Engineer, Security at Grammarly, you should love working on both security and operations and should have substantial experience in monitoring, tooling, and running a highly complex cloud infrastructure.
In this role, you will:
- Help us continue to build cybersecurity at Grammarly.
- Integrate a proactive approach to security of cloud-based architecture (AWS Security Hub, CloudTrail, GuardDuty, WAF, etc.).
- Conduct a vulnerability assessment program using the latest security assurance tools.
- Leverage and extend existing monitoring tools to ensure quick detection of anomalous behavior.
- Participate in a security review of infrastructure changes.
We're looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values-is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2-4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has at least 3 years of experience in Information Security or DevOps security.
- Has practical experience in incident management using leading frameworks.
- Can conduct root cause analysis and can document and communicate incident management activities.
- Has proven experience with endpoint protection solutions like EDR (Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, Symantec, McAfee).
- Has practical usage of ELK, Splunk, Sumo Logic, AWS Config and CloudTrail (a nice-to-have skill).
- Has familiarity with AWS Inspector, GuardDuty, and Security Hub (a nice-to-have skill).
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth : We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team : Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits : Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment : The salary range for this position is $192,000 - $239,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all-especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations-to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that Grammarly's COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.