Security Architect at Snyk (Remote)
As Snyk continues to grow at a rapid pace, we're looking for a Security Architect with deep experience in cloud security, DevSecOps, and Identity and Access Management (IdAM) to help grow Snyk's global security engineering team. This is a unique opportunity to provide security architecture leadership across the organization to keep our corporate and cloud environments secure and scalable. This role will report into the Director of Security Engineering.
You'll spend your time:
- Delivering cloud security requirements to engineering teams
- Providing expert security architecture guidance to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Driving IdAM and RBAC best practices in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Identifying and implementing process improvements with an emphasis on automation
- Leading threat modeling exercises around cloud native, SaaS, and cloud-first technologies
- Developing and refining security architecture standards with consumable documentation
You should apply if you have:
- 3-5 years experience in enterprise security engineering or architecture
- Extensive knowledge of IAM best practices in cloud environments: GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Practical knowledge of Cloud-Native / Serverless application architectures and implementations
- A solid understanding of the AWS Well Architected Framework
- Proficiency in API design concepts, RESTful services, and current application interaction patterns
- Understanding applied cryptography and PKI at an expert level
- Experience identifying and deploying internal process improvements with automation
- Experience with one or more languages such as Go, Python, NodeJS, etc.
- Experience with compliance frameworks such as NIST, PCI, GDPR, and FedRAMP
- Relevant certifications (CISSP, SANS GIAC, AWS/GCP)
- Effective listening, communication, and influencing competencies to influence outcomes
- Ability to articulate complex topics effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.
Snyk is recognized on the Forbes Cloud 100 2021, the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 and was named a Visionary in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for AST.