Manager, Technology Operations at OCC (Dallas, TX)
What You'll Do:
Manager of Production Operations is responsible for ensuring that the first-level support function is performed consistently, and that all Incident are resolved in a timely manner. This manager will oversee a team of 15+ reports, spanning three shifts 24/7.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Manage staff and provide focus in a very dynamic fast paced environment.
- Manage staffing and ensure that 24/7 coverage is always present.
- Provide guidance and ensure that reports are trained and able to execute on current, and new responsibilities.
- Ensure that Incidents are escalated and socialized adhering to all reporting requirements.
- Ensure that first-level Incident identification and resolution techniques are used to address all issues.
- Ensure that all Incidents are accurate and complete.
- Evolve the Incident process by implementing a multi-tiered process.
- Evolve the Incident process with a focus on reducing the time to resolve Incidents.
- Actively participate in the Change Control process, focusing on mitigating any/all risk.
- Embrace and live into all compliance and audit requirements.
- Must adhere to all Production Operations policies and procedures
- Focus on Operational readiness ensuring that all responsibility are formally transferred to Production Operations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Evangelize for all things operations and nurture a Continuous Improvement worldview.
- Escalate all impacting Incidents and surface any operational risks to leadership.
- Supervise team of 15+ spanning three shifts 24/7.
- Ensure that reports adhere to all OCC policies and procedures.
- Maintain PTO schedules, and ensure that staffing levels & coverage are appropriate.
- Meet with staff on a regular basis to provide continual feedback.
- Write and deliver performance evaluations (PEPs).
- Actively participate in reports skills & career development plans.
- Ability to influence across multiple teams in a matrix-reporting structure.
- Must be people focused, supporting and guiding your reports through this transformational phase.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing big teams.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Microsoft products desktop proficiency (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools and best practices.
- Understands urgency of service level agreements and the need for timely responses.
- Ability to work in high intensity environment.
- Need to be detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Must be a Team Player.
- Working knowledge of Network troubleshooting.
- General Linux knowledge.
- Experience with a scheduler (ie. UC4).
- Mobius via Document Direct.
- Familiarity with transmission protocols: SFTP/NDM.
- Operating systems: Unix, Windows, zOS/390.
- Strong Desktop & Microsoft Office skills.
- Process orientated with the ability to design & and optimize a process.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 5 years' experience managing a large team, across multiple shifts.
- Experience working in an environment with matrix-reporting structures.
- 7 or more years' experience working in a multi-platform environment.
- Experience working with a scheduler (ie.UC4).
- Dev/OPS and/or SRE experience a plus.
- College degree in Computer Information Systems desired, but equivalent work experience will be considered
Certificates or Licenses:
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC , please click here .
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer