Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professions and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for most indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team
The Angi Compliance Team is responsible for ensuring controls are consistently applied within our environment to meet Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, compliance obligations and risk mitigation strategies. As a member of the team, you will work across the organization to design, implement and support the financial controls framework, lead remediation efforts and identify emerging risks. You will be reporting to the SOX Compliance Leader, while working closely with internal/external audit teams and business process owners.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with internal audit to support the testing of control design adequacy and operating effectiveness.
- Drive continuous updating of process documentation; including flowcharts, narratives and risk/control matrices.
- Assist in responding to requests for information and audits related to controls.
- Serve as a company resource for all things controls and steward a culture of financial controls compliance.
- Assist with the coordination of all required financial SOX testing, including:
- Planning, coordinating and facilitating audit walkthroughs;
- Managing the distribution and receipt of internal/external audit requests;
- Communicating audit results and progress via written reports and oral presentations to various stakeholders; and
- Working with control owners to periodically certify controls and processes.
- Identify risks and gaps in our financial control framework to facilitate remediation.
- Assist in providing training and guidance to teams across the business on effective internal control procedures.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Finance-related field.
- 4+ years of corporate audit and/or public accounting experience.
- Must be proactive in identifying process improvements and take initiative to diagnose and remediate potential issues.
- Must work well in a team setting and be able to foster interdepartmental cooperation in compliance efforts.
- Thorough understanding of audit methodologies and processes (e.g., COSO).
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with AuditBoard a plus.
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world