Junior System Administrator at Sur-Seal, LLC. (Cincinnati, OH)
Wesselman - Cincinnati, OH
$65,000.00 - $75,000.00 Salary/year
Junior System Administrator
Department: Information Systems
Reports To: Information Systems Director
Who is Sur-Seal?
At Sur-Seal, we simplify engineering and supply chain to solve our customers' sealing challenges. For over 50 years we've been designing, sourcing and manufacturing sealing products for OEM customers across multiple industries. We embrace the idea that each customer challenge is unique and pride ourselves on helping them find the right, unique solution.
Our customers value our expertise in global sourcing, supply chain, sealing engineering, and precise manufacturing. We earn our customers' loyalty because we are reliable and responsive to their needs. We have a formula that works, and our growth is accelerating. Sur-Seal's purpose is to make the world safer, brighter, and cleaner. We are a leader in the design and development of sealing solutions for numerous industries including lighting, HVAC, and healthcare.
The Junior System Administrator will be the first level responder to server/ network and personal computer user tickets and in-house service requests while delivering a high level of customer satisfaction. The intention of this role is to expand the knowledge and skills sets while growing this role into a senior position.
- Responding to and resolving Helpdesk tickets and service requests
- Troubleshooting network / software issues and broken/obsolete hardware for all users
- Maintain inventory control for all hardware and software
- Providing all systems management for Windows updates, security patches, and hardware upgrades
- Managing relationships with 3rd party MSP and support service.
- Supporting other team members and support systems administrator as needed
- Researching software applications and opportunities and making recommendations based on the findings
- Assisting IT Director and MSP with base level sever management as appropriate
- Striving for high degree of end user satisfaction with each interaction by minimizing median time to resolution on all open tickets
- Working after hours/off peak periods to complete Windows/ Server and network maintenance.
- Working as Liaison with External support. Develop network routing skillsets.
- Growing knowledge on servers and system Administration including and not limited to windows/ Mac
- Install switches/routers and network equipment in-house while continuing to gain the experience and knowledge.
- Telephony support
- Cybersecurity and internal file managements
Competencies, Skills and Experience
- An Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field or MCSA/MCSE certification, required
- Cloud Computing Skills/ Office 365/ Network Experience with CompTIA Server+ or A+
- Microsoft Windows OS, troubleshooting network connectivity, required
- Demonstrates high degree of problem- solving skills
- Knowledge of networks, LAN/WAN setup/Firewalls
- Proficient in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Exposure to scripting and general code used in pushing scripts.
Sur-Seal reserves the right to change or add duties to this position as long as the changes and/or additions are consistent with the job classification.