IT Systems Engineer at Magna International (Detroit, MI)
Job Number: 60056
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: MAGNA ELECTRONICS HOLLY
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Magna's ADAS technologies are shaping an autonomous future and improving lives.
Full autonomy is coming. But to create the technology which will bring it into view, you need the desire and ability to adapt complete ADAS systems or modular solutions to any vehicle, for any mobility need.
Magna's electronics solutions connect OEMs to their customers with features that improve their lives. It's our expertise across the entire vehicle, key strategic partnerships and culture of innovation that allow us to make our industry-leading technologies road-ready. And it is how we'll continue to build a safer, smarter and more connected mobility experience for all people.
The System Engineer works with the enterprise infrastructure, with the implementation, administration, monitoring, and general maintenance of IT systems in a multi-tiered environment.
- Associate Degree in Information Technology required, along with at least 5 years of system engineering experience. Bachelor's degree preferred. MSCE family of certification a plus.
- Experience in a data communications environment.
- Must have strong understanding and be able to work with the Local Area Network and Internet.
- Personal and desktop computer business application background preferred.
- Ability to understand, anticipate and follow direction while exercising maturity of judgement.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment and with a variable workload.
- Ability to work flexible hours sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with other team members
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration, and operational procedures.
- Develop, maintain and support DR initiatives.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Other duties as required.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit