HIM Asst at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD)
| Baltimore, MD
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:37 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 20, 2022
- Job Summary
- Maintains and processes medical record documentation in a manner which corresponds with the practice's goal of high quality care and service.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of medical record experience preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated organizational and filing skills; demonstrated legible handwriting; ability to operate photocopier, fax machine, and mailing machine; ability to type at least 35 words per minute.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers the telephone with a positive and professional tone of voice before the fourth ring and directs or resolves the call appropriately in order to ensure each call is handled efficiently.
- Copies and sends appropriate documents such as medical records requests by mail or fax in a timely fashion to ensure high quality care and service to referring physicians, patients, and outside agencies such as insurance companies, attorneys, etc.
- Files documents and patient charts in appropriate locations by following established processes in a timely manner to ensure an efficient system of document retrieval and storage.
- Interacts with management, physicians, and staff by obtaining and communicating essential data and assisting other team members to coordinate efficient transactions of patient related documents.
- Maintains a regulatory/compliance environment by following organizational policies and procedures to ensure compliance to state, local, and federal standards and regulations.
- Maintains filing system processes by requesting supplies and equipment to ensure expeditious flow of information and reliable storage of documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares charts for future and add on appointments by following established processes to ensure an efficient system of document retrieval.
- Records accurate and legible phone messages to ensure efficient follow through for patient care.
- Retrieves charts for telephone messages, test results, and medical records requests by following established processes to ensure and efficient system of document retrieval.
- Supports patient care by copying and sending appropriate documents such as dictation and test results by mail or fax within 48 hours of service to referring physicians, patients, and CA physicians and staff.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
More Information on MedStar Health
MedStar Health operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Columbia, MD. MedStar Health was founded in 1999. It has 10001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance and Mental health benefits. To see all 20 open jobs at MedStar Health, click here.
Read Full Job Description