Customer Support Technician II (US Remote) at Motorola Solutions (Salt Lake City, UT)
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
Department OverviewDepartment Description
The Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings
The Customer Support Technician II will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- The primary responsibility of the Customer Support Technician II provide remote technical support to customers
- Ensuring customer satisfaction involves proper support and service delivery and delivery on contracted services and SLAs
- The technician will work with other technicians and internal MSI teams to provide exceptional customer service and technical support, as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues with the customer
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customer
- After 6 months this role will have a after hour rotations.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- 3+ years customer service/support experience
- 2+ years experience within Flex software
- Strong working knowledge of the Support tools and processes
- Strong command of communication skills, both oral and written
- Exhibit strong ownership and follow through; own the customer’s issue and drive the resolution to ensure the customer is satisfied with the end result
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required
- Strong determination in the face of challenges
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Effective time management skills required
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on windows based applications
- Customer focused; detail orientated individual
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high stress/at times confrontational situations
- Focused individual who understands the value of excellent customer service and the impact to business if customers are not properly supported
- Confident individual who is willing to assume responsibility
- Demonstrates a high degree of drive and determination; willing to go the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service
- Adaptive and flexible individual who is willing to learn and make recommendations for improvements
- Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision
High School Diploma or equivalency
3+ years customer service/support experience
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.