Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn't work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions - to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we've embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes - large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We're building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Global Business Operations & Strategy organization consists of five strategic teams: Workforce; Partner Operations; Data Engineering & Analytics; Program Management & Infrastructure; Learning and Development; and Quality Assurance. These teams are responsible for:
Overseeing and improving Square Global Customer Support Operations; inclusive of managing tools, infrastructure, and systems, improving processes, and capitalizing on other opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Determining the standards for productivity, quality, and customer service level agreements. Leading projects end-to-end aimed at increasing quality and efficiency at the Advocate and organizational level.
Gathering and summarizing relevant data, suggesting improvements in tools and systems - subsequently delegating and overseeing project/program completion.
Developing metrics to measure the growth and performance of the team. Providing in-depth reporting and analysis to senior leaders at Square on a regular basis with a focus on customer experience, quality, and workforce management.
Coordinating and managing the development and implementation of key support workflows (and underlying infrastructure) to ensure the team achieves high-quality results while accomplishing service level targets.
Managing third-party vendor programs, including KPIs, service performance, and relationship management.
Providing learning solutions, coaching, and ongoing development to the Global CS organization.
Providing feedback and guidance to Advocates and Leads on ways to improve the provided experience.
We are looking for someone with exceptional process skills, who will report to our Head of Data Engineering and Analytics, Program Management and Infrastructure Management, and will provide critical support to ensure the success of the entire Operations organization by building and managing key team processes.
- Build and manage processes and frameworks for the intake, the prioritization, and the governance of the requests for the Global Business Operations & Strategy organization.
- Build and manage processes and framework linked to capacity planning, sprint planning, on-call processes.
- Build and manage the operational readiness forum for all stakeholders to align prior to a launch.
- Standardize processes and introducing best practices in the day-to-day operations of our teams.
- Manage Leadership team processes, including weekly / monthly / quarterly meeting agenda setting, content preparation, action captures and follow up.
- Support the Operations leadership team with presentations, reports, internal communications, research, facilitation, decision support, engagement, and goal setting.
- Support the Operations leadership team and their processes as an influencer, organizer and a hands-on contributor.
- Communicate at the executive level and cross-functionally to drive culture, collaboration, and successful outcomes.
- 6+ years as a project manager, coordinator, process optimization manager, operational excellence manager, or similar role.
- Practical experience in definition and implementation of processes within teams, with particular focus on intake, prioritization, and planning frameworks.
- Practical experience crafting communications, internal documentation and presentations.
- The ability to organize and run meetings, and to facilitate prioritization and governance across an executive leadership team.
- Demonstrated experience working with executives and cross-functionally across the organization.
- Ability to strive through uncertainty and high level of independence in bringing ideas to execution.
- A passion for handling a wide variety of tasks ("wearing multiple hats"): from performing research, to creating content to pitch an idea, to building and managing processes.
- A keen eye for prioritization and continuous optimization. You have the ability to discern the urgency and importance of work.
- Excellent soft skills, catered towards a variety of stakeholder functions. You're able to clearly and concisely communicate an idea, a process or overall project/ program status.
- Scrum master certification is a plus!
- Change management experience is a plus!
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location's zone designation, please refer to this resource . If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.