Principal Customer Sales Engineer at Intelsat (Washington DC)
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a leading contributor to the engineering team, the Principal Customer Sales Engineer is responsible for providing space segment engineering and analyses and support for Intelsat Government Solutions (IGS) customer service delivery, sales, business development, and solutions development activities. You will develop and facilitate technical solutions for customer requirements by analyzing satellite capacity needs and coordinating capacity reservations within Intelsat and with third party operators. This role will work cross-functionally to design and develop Intelsat and other satellite end-to-end solutions, including satellite link parameters. In collaboration with teleport and terrestrial facilities, you will provide expert technical support to Sales, Business Development, and Marketing to drive development of revenue generating services and maintain IGS' competitive positioning. As an ambassador of IGS, this position will serve as a liaison across all levels of the company and be able to clearly articulate the Intelsat position to both internal and external audiences.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Fully engineer all aspects of a high-quality technical solutions including network designs, network sizing, equipment specifications, and transmission analyses (link budgets)
- Collaborate directly with customers, end users, Sales, and Solutions Development in the preparation of technical solutions (satellite & end-to-end) and Information Assurance checklists to ensure satisfactory link & terrestrial performance and compliance for new technologies
- Provide analyses and solutions for customer network problems based on up-to-date expertise in satellite communication networks, computer hardware, and software applications
- Identify, develop, optimize, coordinate, and assist in the implementation and management of satellite capacity
- Oversee successful traffic transitions for IGS customers, and plan or lead the customer communications.
- Design and optimize satellite link parameters associated with ground network/terrestrial facilities
- Assist with regulatory and inter-system satellite service approvals through coordination with the internal Spectrum Management group
- Coordinate with Program Management and third-party/external program vendors and/or contractors to support the shipping, integration, installation and testing of equipment and service
- Lead the development of technical presentation materials for the Sales team and for direct customer engagements, in support of proposals, task orders and work orders
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to provide expert technical support to the IGS Secure Operations Center (ISOC) and Program Management to resolve service delivery issues or outages
- Ensure that key issues are escalated to Management, when appropriate, to ensure timely decisions are made which are consistent with the organization's goals and objectives
- Investigate and propose equipment or system enhancements to improve reliability, increase efficiency, simplify operation, or reduce overall operating and/or maintenance cost
- Represent the department at all times, as a technical SME
- Provide recommendations on process improvement, industry best practice and service efficiency
You should have:
- Bachelors' Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must possess (preferred) or be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance, or higher classification.
- Expert knowledge of the key technical aspects of satellite services including transmission analysis, communications payloads for communications satellites, transmission impairments and mitigation strategies, earth station equipment, digital modulation techniques and software analysis systems and tools used to support transmission analysis and network sizing
- Demonstrated understanding of military type satellite communication services; i.e., JNN network, COTM, to UAS and Manned ISR services
- Thorough knowledge of computer and satellite/WAN network hardware and systems required, including modems (VIASAT/EBEM, Comtech/Vipersat, IDirect), routers, switches, fire walls, VPN concentrators and IP addressing
- Demonstrated prior knowledge or work experience is highly desired in the maintenance, troubleshooting, repair or installation of commercial or military satellite earth station or VSAT terminals (C, Ku, Ka or X-band) and related equipment
- Excellent organizational and database skills, with the ability to coordinate between multiple systems
- Excellent customer focus and be able to establish rapport and good relationships.
- Ability to meet with the customer face-to-face on short notice in support of war efforts and "surge" requirements
- Ability to analyze complex situations and utilize problem solving abilities, under pressure
- Ability to manage deliverables with teams in different countries, across different cultures
- Demonstrated excellence interacting efficiently with peers and customers
- Proven track record of team leadership or management
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills combined with strong negotiation ability
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills
- Must be willing and able to travel, mostly CONUS
- This role is subject to ITAR/EAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee)
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- Flexible work arrangements and hybrid work policy of 3 days per week onsite experience
Other Job Info
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Job requires ability to lift up to 20 lbs
About Us As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled