Manager, Advanced Support Engineering at RingCentral (Dallas, TX)
Say hello to possibilities.
It's not everyday that you consider starting a new career. We're RingCentral, and we're happy that someone as talented as you is considering this role. First, a little about us, we're the $2 billion global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction-giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
This is where you and your skills come in. We're currently looking for: At RingCentral, our Advanced Support Engineers serve as the owner of the post-sales relationship with our most valued and high-profile customers. If you join our team, you will assume a very strategic role within the company and will focus on driving results and customer satisfaction. As a Sr Manager, Advanced Support Engineering, you will have a broad and dynamic set of responsibilities from strategy to executing directives. This role requires a passion for building leaders, building relationships, and building teams that will deliver world class results to RingCentral and the customer.
To succeed in this role you must have experience in:
- Lead, coach and motivate a team of Advanced Support Engineers (ASE) to exceed expectations
- Team mentorship and guidance of soft skills development through ad-hoc and regular one on ones with team members focused on building team camaraderie and self sufficiency
- Train staff on company processes, policies and procedures
- Identify needs for and drive process improvements
- Delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow up
- Effectively and simultaneously prioritize multiple tasks, projects and deadlines
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships and provide feedback as the voice of support
- Manage customer expectations and experience to deliver high customer satisfaction and increase retention
- Sets the example for Advanced Support Engineers in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and solving skills, and work habits
- 3+ years in Technical Support and 2+ years managing people in a customer facing environment (2+ years Technical Support management experience preferred)
- Must be resourceful and can collaborate cross-functionally with teams within RingCentral and partners
- Intrinsically motivated with an intense curiosity and desire to produce high-quality work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with presentation abilities
- Ability to handle conflict and drive agreement on decisions in which conflicting opinions may exist
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze data, determine insights and develop processes to drive productivity and efficiencies
- The ability to drive problem resolution and decision-making based on data
- Must be a strong leader who can attract, motivate, retain, and develop team members
- Ability to communicate and empathize with all levels of executives
- Self-motivated with the ability to dive right in, be effective and make a difference
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military and/or work experience
What we offer:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) and Commuter benefits
- 401K match and ESPP
- Flexible vacation
- Wellness programs including 1:1 coaching and meditation guidance
- Paid parental and pregnancy leave and new parent gift boxes
- Family-forming benefits (IVF, Preservation, Adoption etc.)
- Emergency backup care (Child/Adult/Pets)
- Parental support for children with developmental and learning disabilities
- Pet insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with counseling sessions available 24/7
- Free legal services that provide legal advice, document creation and estate planning
- Employee bonus referral program
- Student loan refinancing assistance
- Employee perks and discounts program
RingCentral's Global Service and Support team leads the post-sale experience for our customers-making sure their every need is met, and that they're able to use our products effectively and easily. As our customers' central point of contact, you'll champion their needs, share deep product knowledge, provide innovative solutions, and build relationships that show our customers what powering human connection really means.
RingCentral's work culture is the backbone of our success. And don't just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities during our application and interview process. If you require such accommodations, please click on the following link to learn more about how we can assist you.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are hired in Colorado, the compensation range for this position is between $72,360.00 and $80,400.00 for full-time employees, in addition to eligibility for variable pay, equity, and benefits. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, health and wellness, 401k, ESPP, vacation, parental leave, and more! The salary may vary depending on your location, skills, and experience.