Executive & Community Relations Specialist at Careerlink (Omaha, NE)
Executive & Community Relations Specialist
With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
The Executive & Community Relations Specialist is responsible for performing as a back-up and full administrative support to the Executive Office & Community Relations Director, along with direct daily support to the needs of the Executive Co-Chairmen/CEO as needed. This role will be expected to promote good will and foster relationships with community leaders in alignment with the company's charitable giving strategies and business development goals.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANCE
- Calendar management - assist scheduling meetings, conference rooms, WebEx meetings
- Prepare travel itineraries, book flights, hotels, car rentals etc.
- Processing of department invoices and expense reports
- Schedule lunches and order supplies
- Greet and track any customers visiting the executive offices
- Serve as the contact for sponsorship and donation requests, research 501c3 status on charities, track and process donations, CRA letters and events. This includes tracking all events and assisting in coordinating hosts and attendees.
- Admin to the Community Relations communication and tracking systems, to include the charitable giving software, community relations calendars and intranet page
- Update the Charitable Giving Budget
- Scan all back-up material for audit purpose
- Create internal monthly campaigns to raise for funds for non-profit clients
- Ticket distribution - Maintain and track all distributed tickets for sporting events, concerts, and theater shows
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
- Gaining or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline, 1-3 years preferred
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Associates degree or 2-4 years of related experience
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) e-mail software and navigation of the Internet.
- Skill in operating various office equipment including: bank mainframe inquiry system, personal computer, computer terminal, copy machine, facsimile machine and telephone system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to represent the Bank/Executives effectively and professionally.
- Strong organizational skills, business acumen, attention to detail and the ability to facilitate Executive's initiatives.
- Ability to follow directions and operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with Bank systems such as Banktel and Kadince.
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality of all projects and documents.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgement to represent the Bank/Executives in an effective and positive manner and to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with finesse and professionalism under stress and within deadlines.