Customer Tech Support Analyst (REMOTE) at Benchmark Education Company
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:53 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, August 26, 2023
We're looking for a candidate to work West Coast hours.Position Purpose:The Technical Support Analyst provides general end user support on a variety of reported issues or requests. Serves as the first point of contact for incoming support issues. Handles all incoming phone calls and chats. Triage all incoming tickets, classifies reported problem, and either routes to the appropriate team or resolves the ticket. Ensures timely resolution to assigned tickets.Primary Responsibilities:
- Handle inbound service requests or incidents reported via phone, chat, e-mail, or ticket system.
- Properly record, classify, and provide initial support for all requests or incidents reported, per standard operating procedures.
- Performs research and follows troubleshooting steps to provide first contact resolution.
- Route requests to resolution groups when incidents are not resolved during initial triage.
- Monitor the status and progress towards resolution of all open incidents and requests.
- Provides a positive user experience during the duration of any customer engagements or interactions.
- Provides answers to customers by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding users through corrective steps.
- Ensures resolution confirmation and closure of incidents and service requests.
- Follows up with the customer to provide updates on open issues.
- Occasional overtime work on nights and weekend, as required (seasonal need).
- Occasional on-call rotation schedule for after-hours support, as required.
- One to three years in customer support, technical support, help desk or service desk experience.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have exceptional customer relations skills and a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to work with non-technical customers to gather business requirements and translate into technical specifications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Requires tactful, continual, and effective communications with customers. Requires extensive, clear, and timely written documentation of issue statuses and updates.
- Ability to see issues through to resolution.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills with a demonstrated proficiency at problem solving/root cause analysis to identify issues and resolve.
- Empathetic: Want to genuinely help other people. Have the willingness to understand another person's experience and see it through their eyes.
- Emotional Intelligence: Capability of recognizing, controlling, and expressing one's emotions and how to handle interpersonal engagements judiciously and empathetically.
- Internet Savvy: Knowing how the Internet, Cloud, and IoT functions and the technology involved to make it work and keep it secure.
- Strong Communicator: Both verbally and in writing, the ability to document, translate, and clearly articulate ideas and information in an authentic way. Active listening skills are also essential to effective communication.
- Master of Simplicity: The organizational skillset to quickly assess a problem, sort it all out, and then present to the customer the simplest answer possible to resolve their problem.
- Growth Mindset: The inner drive for learning and growing. As products, technology, and policies will change over time, the individual must be capable of growth and change as well.
More Information on Benchmark Education Company
Benchmark Education Company operates in the Edtech industry. The company is located in New Rochelle, NY. Benchmark Education Company was founded in 1998. It has 415 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance, 401(K) and Paid holidays. To see all 6 open jobs at Benchmark Education Company, click here.
Read Full Job Description