Customer Tech Support Analyst (REMOTE) at Benchmark Education Company
We're looking for a candidate to work West Coast hours.
The Technical Support Analyst provides general end user support on a variety of reported issues or requests. Serves as the first point of contact for incoming support issues. Handles all incoming phone calls and chats. Triage all incoming tickets, classifies reported problem, and either routes to the appropriate team or resolves the ticket. Ensures timely resolution to assigned tickets.
- Handle inbound service requests or incidents reported via phone, chat, e-mail, or ticket system.
- Properly record, classify, and provide initial support for all requests or incidents reported, per standard operating procedures.
- Performs research and follows troubleshooting steps to provide first contact resolution.
- Route requests to resolution groups when incidents are not resolved during initial triage.
- Monitor the status and progress towards resolution of all open incidents and requests.
- Provides a positive user experience during the duration of any customer engagements or interactions.
- Provides answers to customers by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding users through corrective steps.
- Ensures resolution confirmation and closure of incidents and service requests.
- Follows up with the customer to provide updates on open issues.
- Occasional overtime work on nights and weekend, as required (seasonal need).
- Occasional on-call rotation schedule for after-hours support, as required.
Job Requirements/Desired Skills and Experience:
- One to three years in customer support, technical support, help desk or service desk experience.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have exceptional customer relations skills and a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to work with non-technical customers to gather business requirements and translate into technical specifications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Requires tactful, continual, and effective communications with customers. Requires extensive, clear, and timely written documentation of issue statuses and updates.
- Ability to see issues through to resolution.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills with a demonstrated proficiency at problem solving/root cause analysis to identify issues and resolve.
- Empathetic: Want to genuinely help other people. Have the willingness to understand another person's experience and see it through their eyes.
- Emotional Intelligence: Capability of recognizing, controlling, and expressing one's emotions and how to handle interpersonal engagements judiciously and empathetically.
- Internet Savvy: Knowing how the Internet, Cloud, and IoT functions and the technology involved to make it work and keep it secure.
- Strong Communicator: Both verbally and in writing, the ability to document, translate, and clearly articulate ideas and information in an authentic way. Active listening skills are also essential to effective communication.
- Master of Simplicity: The organizational skillset to quickly assess a problem, sort it all out, and then present to the customer the simplest answer possible to resolve their problem.
- Growth Mindset: The inner drive for learning and growing. As products, technology, and policies will change over time, the individual must be capable of growth and change as well.
Analysts are well-trained and can handle most types of general support issues (no cherry-picking). They have a solid, foundational understanding of the product and their workflow processes; can work autonomously with some guidance, when necessary from either a Senior Analyst or from a higher tier.
Analyst's performance is measured by their daily resolution rate of tickets, and by their CSAT, which should be at least 95%. While Analysts do not have a target number for resolved tickets daily, their resolution rate should trend high compared to the number of tickets they have assigned.
Benchmark Education Company is a leading publisher of core, supplemental, and intervention literacy and language resources in English and Spanish, both print and digital, as well as world-class professional development. Since its founding in 1998, our company has proven to be one of the most nimble and innovative content creators on the cutting edge of pedagogy and technology. The digital content in our many online and hybrid learning programs delivers all the rigor of its print counterpart and is designed for remote and blended learning contexts.
We are experiencing high growth and we welcome you to apply and join our team!
Benchmark Education Publishing (BEC) and its affiliates are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, visit us at: https://www.benchmarkeducation.com
BENCHMARK EDUCATION BENEFITS OVERVIEW
- Health Insurance - Dental & Vision Insurance - Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance - Wellness Programs - 401K Discretionary Match
- Paid Vacation - Paid Holidays - Paid Sick Days
- FSA - Discretionary Annual Bonus - Employee Referral Bonus
- Family Medical Leave
Company Culture, Perks & Discounts
- Flex work schedule - Casual Dress - Commuter Benefits - Paid Parking
- Company Outings - Free Snacks - Catered Events - Game Room
- Pet Friendly - Holiday Events - Happy Hours - Paid Technology
- Sports Leagues - Art Exhibitions - Remote Work Program*
- Documented equal pay policy - Hiring practices promoting diversity
- Diverse management team
- Continuing Education stipend - Cross functional training
- Job Training & Conferences - Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Industry Certifications - Paid Internships
COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Benchmark Education unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE