The Web Manager supports and executes web content strategy and administration for our external and internal web channels utilizing our content management systems (CMS). The Web Manager works on enterprise-wide content projects and on-going sites updates, ensuring content is organized in a manner consistent with enterprise standards and best practices. They work in a consultative role with web product owners for our corporate website and intranet, providing assistance with content strategy, user experience, information architecture, SEO, site analytics and web best practices. The Web Manager works closely with business stakeholders and IT development teams to improve the CMS by recommending modifications and testing new features. The Web Manager serves in an advisory and consulting role on adherence to the CNA brand and best practices for the web and provides ad hoc training as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and publishes content across multiple corporate websites and ensure consistent, relevant and timely execution.
- Ownership of content authoring templates to ensure content web display, performance and measurement best practices are in place.
- Partner with marketing content owners to prepare content plans and update content on website.
- Create mockups of changes or new functionality.
- Work with technology in agile framework to project manage new features and updates to the CMS.
- Assists with testing new solutions and makes suggestions for improvements.
- Repurposing multimedia content, primarily imagery, to fit the various formats (design templates, thumbnails, banners, etc.)
- Reviews, evaluates and edits existing/new web content; provides UX, content strategy and usability consultation.
- Modify HTML if necessary to ensure content displays appropriately.
- Implements Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics and understands web analytics integration.
- Works on content migration projects, site planning and creation and on-going site updates and enhancements. This includes pre-assessment, information architecture and build-out, and migrating content while ensuring information is organized in a manner consistent with all guidelines and taxonomy standards.
- Works in a customer relationship management and technical capacity for CMS users to understand customer content needs, improve user experience, and resolve problems, requests, questions and enhancements.
- Understands how customer/user issues may impact other functions and shares information appropriately.
- Consults with web product owners, makes decisions and offers suggestions on best practices, content strategy, user experience, information architecture and page layouts to improve user experience.
- Establishes and communicates expectations regarding quality and service.
- Identifies repeated customer concerns or roadblocks, addresses them in a timely manner and seeks new ways to improve web/online experience for content administrators and users.
- Serves a liaison between Marketing and Technology as the CMS subject matter expert.
- Develops, promotes and executes outreach efforts to create awareness of systems management and web content strategy best practices.
- Creates and maintains documentation for CMS support.
- Provides ongoing support for web product owners across the enterprise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Director and above
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent content management and authoring experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and editorial skills.
- Excellent project management and customer relationship management skills.
- Experience in website management, information architecture, communications, and marketing.
- Experience in HCI and user experience.
- Experience in analytic reporting including analyzing quantitative and qualitative measures around utilization, performance and sentiment.
- Experience in creating and executing trainings as well as communicating policies and procedures.
- Experience with project management software (Jira, Robohead, etc.)
- Proficiency with graphic design software (Adobe Photoshop, etc.)
- Solid organization skills, with the ability to multi-task and follow through in a timely fashion.
- Attention to detail; strong emphasis on accuracy.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Marketing, journalism or computer sciences.
- 3-5 years' experience of content management and web publishing with an emphasis on customer facing websites.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.