Karat's purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world's technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat's Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We're a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!
Come join our Technical Content team
Our Technical Development team is committed to the creation and testing of questions that are a part of the most predictive and fair technical interviews available to software engineering candidates.
What you will do
As VP of Content at Karat, you will set the vision and lead the teams responsible for developing and maintaining the company's interview formats, content, and experiences. This work lies at the heart of the Karat product and a place we want to continue to innovate and be the market leader. You will manage the teams driving creation of all of our interview formats and questions for clients, the development of cutting edge interview modalities and questions, and ensuring that all current and future interview formats are predictive, fair and enjoyable.
Karat's HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote U.S.-based candidates for this role. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Lead all aspects of the assessment R&D function, creating experimental research studies, testing structures, and processes to be able to develop and innovate on assessment design, validation, and implementation.
- Ensure Karat's existing content production function is robust, optimized, and able to scale alongside our rapid growth.
- Develop and iterate on the testing frameworks to ensure interview assessments meet quality standards before becoming available.
- Monitor metrics to drive assessment effectiveness post-launch.
- Oversee the production of psychometric analyses, including validation and adverse impact studies to ensure the integrity of our assessment approach.
- Develop and nurture a high-performance team of Content Development Engineers and Psychometricians and link performance to overall business objectives.
- Serve as one of Karat's senior-level subject matter experts on technical aspects related to our assessment and proficiency-based hiring approach.
- Help build a scientific advisory board that leverages the best of multiple fields to push the boundaries on crafting a more enjoyable interview experience.
- Partner with design, engineering, product, and our Interview Deliver teams to ensure assessments work seamlessly with our product suite and interviewer community.
- Work with our marketing and GTM teams to produce thought leadership and serve as an external spokesperson on Karat's Interview Cloud approach.
The experience you will bring
- 12+ years of experience developing assessments and/or performance evaluations or related fields
- PhD or comparable training in I/O Psychology or a related field preferred
- Deep expertise in legal defensibility of assessment and performance evaluation
- Outstanding leadership and management skills
- Proficiency leading complex research projects with a wide variety of stakeholders (external and internal)
- Proven experience providing leadership and consultation to educate and influence key partners
- Familiarity with software engineering assessments and coding ability a plus
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We're proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team's favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee's choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected] .