Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead a team of technical writers responsible for documenting electric delivery vehicles, fleet management software applications, and vehicle software integrations.
- Expand an existing team by hiring and mentoring talented technical writers.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of efficient processes, standards, guidelines, and internal tools.
- Using planning and project management techniques, ensure that documentation is completed in time to support product launch deadlines.
- Lead efforts to ensure that your team’s documentation is complete, accurate, and easy to use.
- Develop strong working relationships with design and development teams for the products your team documents.
- Plan for and support the localization of your team’s documentation deliverables.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, technical writing, engineering, or technology.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of technical writers.
- 8+ years of combined experience as a manager or technical writer developing documentation for hardware or software products. Experience in the automotive industry is preferred.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems, work with ambiguity, and be self-motivated.
- Experience using an advanced authoring system such as MadCap Flare, Author-it, Oxygen XML Editor, Arbortext Epic Editor, or FrameMaker is preferred.
- Experience creating or managing the creation of API documentation is preferred.
- Ability to manage tasks and information flow using collaboration software such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Smartsheet, and Lucidchart.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.