Technical Writer at DAT (Portland, OR)
DAT is an award-winning employer of choice and a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 44 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 227 million freight posts in 2021, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. We have co-headquarters in Portland, OR and Denver, CO, and additional offices in MO, TX, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT Solutions is looking for a Technical Writer to join our rchitecture team in Beaverton, Oregon.
A Technical Writer is responsible for communicating information clearly and concisely for both technical and business audiences. You will work closely with product management and engineering to help deliver critical concepts to our customers and staff. Help foster one or more Communities of Practice (COPs), assisting the participants in their understanding and usage of the concepts, tools, and techniques relating to the community's focus.
What You’ll Do
- Write technical documentation for internal or external developer audiences, such as API reference docs and developer guides
- Design and organize documentation for new APIs and developer products
- Facilitate communication and foster best practices by participating in our communities of practice
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and direction to other team members
- Bring clarity and proofreading to documents written by others
- Coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- Help DAT develop a model for classifying software
- Participate in design reviews with teams
- Help interview and provide assessments of employment candidates
- Review and/or copyedit content developed by other PM's/UX of the team.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take on new challenges and build on current skills
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skill
- Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter
- Ability to check all technical material for consistency and accuracy
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality
The Skills and Experience You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- Portfolio of at least two writing samples
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and working within a Scrum framework
- Have a high degree of attention to detail, be a self-starter who thrives on responsibility and accountability
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)