Technical Writer at Snap Finance (Salt Lake City, UT)
Snap Finance is a rapidly growing FinTech company focused on digital disruption in the $1+ trillion financial services industry. Our proprietary technology platform and machine-learning decisioning algorithms are changing the face and pace of consumer retail finance. Snap has a strong, supportive culture and is dedicated to its customers, merchant partners, and team members.
As a Technical Writer on the Learning and Development team you will play an integral role in employee learning and on-the-job performance by delivering timely and impactful process documentation. You will help us maintain and grow our Customer Care and Tech knowledge bases and deliver regular product release notes to a variety of audiences across the company. You will play a key role in helping us get our team members up to speed quickly, stay abreast of changes, and drive efficiency and compliant behavior into everything they do.
Your verbal communication skills will be as important as your written communication skills, as this is a highly collaborative environment that thrives on interaction. You’ll need to build partnerships with software developers, product managers, and other SMEs to succeed but prepare to be amazed at how passionate our people are about serving our customers and living our values.
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and stakeholders to maintain and grow the company knowledge bases, which are a trusted source for the most current information about company products, processes, and policies
- Develop content for a range of audiences in internal and externally facing roles, such as software developers and contact center agents
- Perform ongoing maintenance of the knowledge bases driven from user requests, systematic reviews, and product and process changes
- Continually improve end-user experience through superior organization, accuracy, usability, and searchability
- Participate actively in the Agile process to contribute to our product release notes
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or emphasis in technical communication
- Three to five years of experience in either in procedure writing, software documentation, or technical writing
- Experience collaborating with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in software or other technical fields
- Experience with technical communications software such as MadCap Flare or RoboHelp
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in software, finance, or customer service industries a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to own projects from beginning to end
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with a bias for action
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritization, and analytical skills
Why You’ll Love It Here…
- Generous paid time off
- Competitive medical, dental & vision coverage
- 401K with company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Legal coverage and other supplemental options
- Pet insurance, free snacks, and fun events
- A value-based culture where growth opportunities are endless
Snap values diversity, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more by visiting our website at www.snapfinance.com
California Residents please review our California Consumer Privacy Act Notice at https://snapfinance.com/ccpa-notice