Technical Writer at Okta
Okta is seeking a Technical Writer who is a seasoned communicator with a passion for teaching others through written communication of technical content. Someone who has experience in programming languages, the curiosity to investigate new technology, and can make complex things easy to understand.
As a technical writer on the support team, you will teach support engineers how to build experiences on top of Okta’s Identity Platform. This will include writing root cause summary documents for various issues experienced by customers after discussion with the engineering team .
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the strategy and planning for root cause summary documents in collaboration with engineering teams. Define and plan various RCA meetings, set targets, and measure success and effectiveness of deliverables leveraging Agile methodology.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Design, draft, and edit customer facing root cause summary documentation.
- Support multiple programming languages and platforms.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach for a developer audience.
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation
- Experience with authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown
- Experience with Jekyll and/or other static site generators
- Git or Github experience
- Experience documenting developer’s SDKs is a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, English, Journalism, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.