Technical Writer at Schrödinger, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud-computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. Maestro, FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we've created.
As a member of our Documentation team in the Education department, you'll have the opportunity to reach scientists across the globe and help integrate the exciting potential of computational drug discovery into an array of research areas. You will also have the chance to apply design thinking to improve how scientists access information and answer their own questions regarding the use of Schrödinger software. This role will collaborate with several other teams to make high-quality, user-friendly documentation easily accessible with a goal of enabling researchers to find the answer they need.
Who will love this job:
- A computational chemist with exceptional communication, writing, and editing skills, or an experienced technical writer with a background in computational chemistry
- A well-organized and detail-oriented professional who brings a working knowledge of common computational chemistry techniques
- A creative thinker who enjoys working collaboratively
What you'll do :
- Collaborate with education, product development, application science, and support teams to develop documentation in computational chemistry
- Write, edit, and design documentation targeted towards varied audiences
- Manage complex, multi-step documentation projects in coordination with multiple stakeholders
- Work with the education team to advance educational content in a team-oriented environment
- Develop in-depth familiarity with our entire suite of small-molecule, biologics, and materials science software, including packages for docking, molecular simulations, homology modeling, pharmacophore modeling, cheminformatics, and quantum mechanics
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent industry experience
- A scientific background with experience in technical and/or professional writing, or a technical writing background with experience in chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, physics, or a related field
- Interest in small-molecule drug discovery
- Understanding of molecular modeling software tools
- Demonstrated history of strong writing skills (applicants will be asked to submit writing samples relevant to the position)
We'd prefer to hire someone who has:
- An MS or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline
- Proficiency with computer programs like Flare (or other technical documentation software), Confluence, and/or Jira
- Experience in Python, HTML, and/or CSS
- Experience with Schrödinger applications or other molecular modeling software
In addition to a resume in PDF format, please provide a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great fit for the Education team.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible hybrid work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Estimated base salary: $95k - $125k. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.