In a world where shipping expectations and complexity are greater than ever, Shipwell is on a mission to empower supply chain efficiency at scale across every company size, stage, and industry. Supply chain solutions today are highly disconnected, rigid, and difficult to use, but Shipwell is disrupting the status quo. Our solution combines everything our customers need in a comprehensive platform that adapts as the market and business demands change, so they can effectively manage the entire process in one place and never have to rip and replace. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup. Join us and be part of the Shipping Evolution(R)
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
The Technical Writer role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth, startup software company as we pivot into a record-breaking 3rd year. We are looking for a strong individual contributor with at least seven years of experience developing technical documentation. As a Technical Writer you’ll have the opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with the smartest developers in the industry. We're laying the foundation on which our industry will be reinvented; we're looking for individuals who want to part of a significant change. Ideas come from being an innovator and an amplifier, that strives to achieve more, for themselves and to enable greatness in others.What you’ll do when you get here:
- Work closely with the engineering team to document Shipwell's public REST API.
- Define the technical documentation process including technology stack used for creation and publishing documentation.
- 7+ years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent with an Advanced Degree or PhD.
- Technical writing or related experience. Extensive experience with writing technical documentation based on technical project artifacts and interactions with Subject Matter Experts, including system architects and senior software engineers required.
- Strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the rules of composition and grammar.
- Strong customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal and problem solving skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly.
- Experience with Confluence, Redocly and Intercom is preferred.
- Experience with REST API documentation is a plus.
- 401k plan (including match)
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Office in Austin, TX or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
---The Salary Range for this role is between $85,000 - $105,000 based on Years of Experience, Skillset, and Location.
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within our office located in Austin, TX or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc