Technical Producer (Math)
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Come develop new interactive products that engage students and drive learning gains. Join an innovative team, collaborating with content experts, designers, and engineers to synthesize pedagogical needs and technological approaches into actionable product requirements. You'll lead the development of new technologies, maximizing efficiencies and effectiveness to ultimately yield compelling experiences for students.
Why join this team:
Technical Producers play a central role in every stage of product development. They forge connections and facilitate collaboration across departments because they know the best way to create a great learning solution is to bring together diverse voices and continuously iterate. If you are interested in creative collaboration, problem solving and impacting students, then our team is the place for you.
The impact you'll have:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Project Managers, Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Designers during different parts of the product development workflow
- Consolidate asks and ideas into clear specifications with the goal of creating flexible and innovative interactive activities that balance pedagogical needs and engagement
- Serve as product owner: define product requirements, draft stories, and manage backlog and product feature decisions, keeping an eye on the latest trends and innovations
- Create and maintain technical documentation and continuously improve documentation processes
- Become an expert on our existing technology and specifications, system capabilities and restrictions, and global product rules
- Collaborate closely with Project Manager / Agile Lead and actively participate in Agile ceremonies
- Understand scope and priorities across multiple active projects and apply that knowledge to day-to-day work
- Determine and implement process improvements for consistency and efficiency throughout the product development life cycle
Who we're looking for:
- 3+ years' experience with developing interactive products
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. You will be regularly collaborating with other team members and stakeholders.
- Proven project management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a self-directed way
- Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of effective relationship management
We'd also love to see:
- Working knowledge of language arts or mathematics curriculum for Grades K-8
- Passion for inclusive design and understanding of digital accessibility requirements
- Gaming, kids' entertainment, or education sector experience
- Spanish proficiency a plus
Location: Currently, all CA employees are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it is safe to return to the office, this role will be located at our Greensboro, North Carolina office.
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.