Technical Content Developer (1134) at Cloudbees (Remote)
CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, validate, deliver, and maintain highly technical, enterprise-level product documentation.
- Participate as an active member of an agile development team.
- Work collaboratively across product and customer success teams to coordinate deliverables and dependencies.
- Collaborate with design team to write and maintain UI text as part of the user experience.
What the Job Requires
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Excellent problem solving, organization, and communication skills.
- 2-3+ years technical writing experience.
- Willingness to learn source code management, preferably Git.
- Willingness to learn bug tracking systems, preferably Jira.
- Willingness to learn markup syntax such as AsciiDoc, Markdown, or reStructuredText.
- Willingness to work in an Agile development environment.
- Willingness to learn writing skills for enterprise-level content.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.