Technical Content Designer (Technical Writer) at Anaplan (Remote)
Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
Anaplan is looking for an exceptional Technical Content Designer to join the Technical Content Team. We’re in a growth phase and are looking for writer/technologists who are smart, adaptable, keen to learn, and up with all the latest thinking in content development.
Traditionally, this might have been called a technical writing role. It is, but it’s so much more than that. Primarily, we’re looking for adaptable people who can understand technical concepts and systems quickly and write quality copy following our style guidelines. That copy is based on standard technical writing principles for writing user documentation with a friendly, conversational style. We need you to write, write, write. And love doing it.
The Technical Content Team forms part of Application Engineering, so we’d prefer you to have some experience with the Agile process and scrum tools, for example Jira and Confluence, but read on if you don’t. It’s not a showstopper.
We’re looking for curious, dynamic individuals who are really engaged with writing and communicating in all its forms. We’re also looking for a strong cultural fit. It’s important that you can work within our values of openness, authenticity, inclusivity, creativity, and collaboration. You might not tick all the boxes, but if you’re open and enthusiastic, and can demonstrate industry smarts, you might be able to convince us to take you on the journey with us.
- Write technical solutions for our software platform. Those solutions might include written documentation, infographics, walkthroughs, or API documentation. One day even chat bots, but we’re not there, yet!
- Work with our engineering teams across the globe to gather requirements, ask questions, and gather feedback.
- Work closely with other members of the Technical Content Team to ensure:
- Timely delivery of content. We work as a team and help each other wherever we can. There are no silos and no throwing things over the fence. We all own it, and we work together to deliver it.
- A consistent style and tone across all content by reviewing each other’s work, before submitting it for editorial review.
- Help to define and maintain a set of common templates for different forms of documentation.
- Contribute to continually improve the writing process.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- You’ve at least two years’ experience as a technical writer, preferably in a software environment.
- You’re fluent in English with a wide vocabulary and strong grammar. We’re happy if you’ve another language, as localisation is part of our brief too.
- You’re organised and focused. You'll need to ensure that content, information requests, and tasks are well-planned, executed to the highest standard, and delivered on time.
- You’re perceptive and empathetic, which means understanding customer needs and developing the information they require.
- You’ve strong communication skills and can proactively engage with our Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders in a friendly and respectful manner.
- You’re innovative with a desire to deliver world-class documentation across different media.
- You’ve a commitment to continual learning by keeping abreast of industry developments.
- You're open to accepting and working with constant change.
- You’ve an interest in content itself, including how it’s written, structured, and delivered in an omnichannel environment.
- You’ll contribute ideas and be engaged with the latest thinking in how to improve the way we write and deliver content and communicate accurately with our readers.
- You’ve solid editing skills, and are not afraid to uphold internal standards, banish passive text, dangling participles, and superlatives in the process.
- You can empathetically review content for accuracy, readability, and house style.
- You’re able to ensure complex technical information is reworded in an engaging and readable format without compromising accuracy or technical meaning.
- Experience of the following is a plus:
- Working with enterprise business planning or financial data.
- Agile development process and knowledge of Confluence, JIRA, and GIT.
What we offer:
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility, and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity, and a range of comprehensive benefits.
- A range of sports, health, and wellbeing initiatives.
- Paid maternity, paternity, and adoption leave if you’ve been with us for at least six months. There’s also a shared parental leave programme.
- Wellbeing support through 'We Care'.
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support a charity or cause of your choice.
- Huge problems to solve. You’ll constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the smartest people around.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation, and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.