ABOUT THE ROLE
Accela is looking for an experienced, well-rounded Sr. Technical Writer with experience rearchitecting documentation and advanced abilities in online help creation and context-sensitive help implementation to join our Technical Publications team.
Come work with us in a fast-paced, agile environment! We’ll help you get up to speed on the Civic Platform so you can describe it to our customers in clear and concise terms. You’ll work in a vibrant, open environment where knowledge and ideas are shared—and where everyone pitches in to help each other meet product milestones and achieve success.
We use a variety of industry-standard tools including Madcap Flare, Jira, Confluence, Salesforce Community, SwaggerHub, and Github.
- Create and update product documentation for enterprise government software
- Write new feature and configuration topics for a variety of audiences, from end-users to administrators
- Assist in architecting online help and the handling of context-sensitive help calls from the software
- Work closely with Product Architects, PMs, UX, Developers, and other Technical Writers to revamp our main user documentation introduction and improve user guide
- Review Jira stories, interview subject matter experts, and use the software
- Draft accurate procedures and write solid documents
- Coordinate documentation reviews and collaborate on content with team members
- Consistently meet documentation deadlines
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Senior Technical Writer
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience using HTML/XML authoring tools such as Robohelp and Madcap Flare
- Knowledge of documentation publishing methodologies
- Experience creating documentation in a SaaS (software as a service) environment
- Experience using agile software development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Github
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
For nearly 20 years, Accela has been an industry leader in designing and delivering government software to improve efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly transparent view into their local government. While government agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been more critical. Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency, and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to building, to service request management and more, Accela’s SaaS offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies. Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging challenges of the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Accela believes in developing and nurturing a workplace community where our differences are celebrated, and everyone feels a sense of psychological safety and belonging. Accela is committed to putting resources and attention towards evolving our practices, policies, and philosophies to enable diversity to thrive and to support equity in opportunity for everyone.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and will respond to requests for job accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.