Sr. Technical Writer at Designit (Remote)
Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
Our tech client’s Cloud Technology & Platform organization brings together platforms, devices, and services to deliver solutions, operating systems, and engineering systems. This portfolio powers the world with more than one billion monthly active devices.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our team. The right person has technical aptitude and experience writing how-to content for an engineering audience. If you are excited by the prospect of driving changes that make a fundamental impact in how customers use enterprise cloud technology, then this is the place to be.
Would you like to...
- Restructure, improve and create content for our internal technical systems.
- Write documentation for new features/APIs including how-to content, demo video recordings (basics, like how to use Teams), and troubleshooting.
- Work effectively with engineering, program management, and other internal teams across multiple programs.
- Work with internal engineering teams to define scope of backlogged work.
- Drive the creation and implementation of a documentation plan.
We would like you to have...
- 5+ years of technical writing experience. Writing for internal engineering audiences is preferred.
- Technical API/Feature documentation experience.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation for Azure Monitor. A base understanding of the product is preferred.
- Technical expertise and ability to understand complex systems.
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders to scope and execute projects.
- Ability to accomplish objectives that span multiple product or subject areas using proactive and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently while navigating ambiguity.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- Knowledge of Linux is a plus.
- Writing samples are required.
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Want to know more?
Check us out at https://www.designit.com/. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy.
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.