Specialist, Social Media & Content at AmerisourceBergen (Philadelphia, PA)
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen's policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
The Social Media and Content Specialist is an experienced content creator with social media expertise in business-to-consumer (B2C) marketing. Reporting to the Social Media and Content Manager, this position will execute social media strategies and develop content to support the national Good Neighbor Pharmacy (GNP) brand and thousands of pharmacy locations across the country. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of social media properties, developing consumer-facing content for multiple platforms, social media advertising, and more. A primary goal of this role will be to enhance national brand awareness and deliver local brand support to help Good Neighbor Pharmacy members expand their reach and engagement on social media and beyond.
* Office-hybrid role.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writes, edits, publishes, and shares digital content that drives awareness, generates engagement, and expands reach for Good Neighbor Pharmacy and its customers via social media and other digital channels like web and email.
- Oversees and manages daily content scheduling and posting on social media and responds to messages and comments in a timely fashion. Optimizes social media accounts for maximum performance.
- Creates content calendars and develops consumer-facing content and social media posts for the Good Neighbor Pharmacy national brand and Good Neighbor Pharmacy customers.
- Supports national social media advertising strategy with responsibilities including developing ad creative, drafting copy, scheduling and monitoring ads, optimizing ads for maximum performance, conducting ad testing, and analyzing ad results.
- Develops social media engagement strategies to expand reach and engagement on social media at the national and local levels.
- Maintains content libraries and assists with the management of customer-facing social media and marketing portals, including monthly asset uploads and regular library audits.
- Helps manage Good Neighbor Pharmacy social media scheduling platform, including scheduling posts, library uploads, issue resolution, participating in weekly vendor calls, and more.
- Works with internal and external creative teams to develop and provide guidance on marketing assets, including social media graphics, to support Good Neighbor Pharmacy B2C marketing campaigns and uphold brand standards.
- Analyzes reporting and insights that accurately measure channel performance on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and makes strategic recommendations for improvement based on findings. Assists with campaign reporting, ad reporting, and other reporting as needed.
- Ensures consistency of voice in style and tone as it aligns with key messages and themes for Good Neighbor Pharmacy and ensures all content adheres to AmerisourceBergen's consumer brand standards.
- Educates members on the importance of social media and best practices, and assists with customer issue resolution.
- Collaborates with Field Advertising Managers to provide content support, education, technology support, and more.
- Supports internal team education as a subject matter expert for social media and content and collaborates with internal teams on special projects and initiatives.
- Assist with developing materials and supporting the digital marketing offering for internal education, external customer presentations, continuing education events, ThoughtSpot, the Good Neighbor Pharmacy annual tradeshow, and other conferences.
- Stays up to date on all social platforms to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Assist with project management as required for campaigns and special projects.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Performs other duties as required.
What your background should look like
Requires broad training in fields such as marketing, advertising, social media, digital design, communications, business administration, or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Normally requires 5+ years of directly related and progressively responsible experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven experience managing B2C social media accounts and developing B2C content
- Outstanding skills in writing, brand messaging, visual communications, and consumer engagement
- Demonstrable experience managing successful social media campaigns
- Strong background in digital advertising, specifically social media
- Expert knowledge of social media and content marketing best practices
- Comprehensive understanding of Facebook Business Manager and Ads Manager
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines for multiple ongoing projects
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to collect, interpret, and communicate data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior working knowledge of social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Strong computer skills, good working knowledge of WordPress or other web content management systems, social media management platforms (Hootsuite, SOCi, etc.), Google Analytics, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams, Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Strong presentation skills Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Bilingual in Spanish/Multilingual preferred
- Consumer marketing experience is mandatory
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical or retail pharmacy industry, small/independent business ownership, or pharmacy operations is beneficial but not required.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Services Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.