View All Jobs
Picture your last move. You probably had a beautiful idea in mind of what it would feel like to settle into your new home – but chances are it ended up being a blur of cardboard boxes, last-minute chores and cold pizza instead. Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems: Everyone’s done it – and everyone knows it’s painful.
At Updater, we know that moving is about more than just about figuring out how to move your couch across town. Moving means switching internet plans, interviewing new babysitters, buying that perfect lamp, figuring out how to meet the neighbors and searching for a new go-to takeout spot. That’s why Updater helps people take control of their moves so they can feel at home faster.
We design and build technology solutions that help take the pain out of moving and home management. Our app helps you find and purchase everything you’ll need for your move (local and long-distance transportation, haul away, storage), your essentials (TV & internet, utilities, insurance, mail forwarding), and your home (maintenance, improvement, ongoing services).
We’re looking for experienced UI Copywriters and Content Strategists who are motivated to shape the future of relocation-tech and home management through and beyond the moving journey.About the Role
- Shape product experiences by writing useful, intuitive UI/UX copy
- Work across marketing and design to create a content style guide, system, and master taxonomy that product partners can easily understand and implement
- Collaborate with product and design to create a cohesive cross-product experience
- Develop and champion human-centered design and content best practices to meet both user and business needs
- Manage multiple cross-functional projects with leadership and product partners to carry out research, track and analyze data and performance metrics, create product roadmaps, conduct usability tests, and ship high-quality product
- Develop multi-channel content strategies for a variety of product lines for different clients, user segments, and audiences
- Empathetic: You consider the user’s needs within every interaction
- Adaptable: You are comfortable with ambiguity and responsive to change
- Strategic: You not only solve problems, but also bring them to light
- No-Ego: You have strong opinions, but also embrace being proven wrong
- Collaborative: You know that great design doesn’t happen in a vacuum
- Relentlessly Curious: You view the pursuit of knowledge as essential for success
- 5 - 10 years of professional experience
- You have excellent copywriting skills and have “lived” within a product team, collaborating closely with Engineering, Design, and Product
- You are comfortable in a production-focused environment and can set priorities and deliver compelling, customer-focused content in a fast-paced, iterative environment
Updater makes moving easier for the 11 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $450 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, Vista Credit Partners, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater has ranked on Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC in 2016, 2018, & 2021. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.