At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or off-sites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
We’re looking for a talented writer with the mind of a designer who understands how the details of user experience design matter to the user on the other side of the screen. We’re looking for someone to help us create experiences that turn the complex tasks entrepreneurs and small business owners encounter every day into simple journeys that come alive with intuitive design and human language. Empowering entrepreneurs through seamless Content Design takes more than writing skill — we’re looking for a teammate who acts out of empathy, considers feedback a gift, and always focuses on doing what’s best for our users.
You’ll partner with UX and Product Designers, Product Managers, and other experience design stakeholders in an environment that’s highly collaborative and fast-paced to bring our in-app experiences to life. You’ll be the voice in the room focused on creating cohesive narratives and flawless copy execution; you’ll use thoughtful language to bring moments of joy, clarity, and connection to our website, marketing, and commerce products.
What you'll get to do...
- Content Strategy Design: Collaborate with all stakeholders of the product design experience to understand key design elements, flows, timelines, goals, and messaging to craft a content strategy that leaves no question unanswered and sets the team up for a smooth execution of content design.
- UX Writing: Create content design that enhances our UIs and helps our customers move through experiences with ease. You’ll partner closely with Product Designers to build the strategy, work through feedback, and write the copy that our customers read when they use our products. You’ll be accountable for ensuring cohesion throughout the products you design by executing a voice and tone that aligns with our brand voice, obsessing over word choice and style in the way all true writers do.
- Style Guide Contribution: Our in-product style guide is ever-evolving, and you’ll likely encounter scenarios that we don’t have guidance for quite yet. You’ll be a key contributor in creating and maintaining our UX content source of truth, collaborating with writers from all areas of the company for feedback and cohesion.
- User Experience Research: Apply quantitative and qualitative research techniques to get first-hand reactions to our work from real people, present research to stakeholders, and continuously apply these learnings to shape our strategies and our output.
- Cross-Team Collaboration and Influence: Work to influence and consult on customer communication beyond UI — emails, text messages, chat, help articles, call guides, etc. — with customer experience designers and marketing teams.
- Messaging and Positioning Strategy: Collaborate with Product Marketing teams to gain clarity in how we position products and features to customers so that you can execute on strong UI messaging, while giving feedback and consulting with stakeholders across the organization.
Your experience should include...
- 1+ years’ experience working with a product design team, and 3+ years’ experience working in the following areas: UX Copywriting, UX Design, Content and/or Brand Strategy, Copywriting, Customer Experience Design
- Experience working with and/or developing style guides or content design systems
- Masterful writing chops; experience in copywriting, digital marketing, journalism, creative writing, editing
- Experience working directly with product designers, product managers, and engineers in an agile environment
- Affinity and passion for the needs of small businesses and entrepreneurs in how they build a presence, market their business, and sell their products and services
- Proven ability to learn new subject matters quickly, implement feedback, give constructive feedback, and positively contribute to a collaborative environment
You might also have...
- Experience developing brand guidelines, including visual design elements, with a strong emphasis on developing the voice of a brand
- Experience executing upon stakeholder feedback to achieve success and consensus, including presenting to a wide audience on your work
- Experience with common customer research techniques and deriving insights from qualitative sources and quantitative data
- Experience working (and thriving) in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with improving a UX with proven results
- Experience giving thoughtful, constructive feedback to designer and writer peers, regardless of level
- Experience with Design Thinking and Lean UX principles/techniques
- Experience using data to make decisions
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
Get to know us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.