Senior UX Writer at ChowNow
Specifically, you will:
- Establish and refine the UX writing function as a whole across the company.
- Craft clear, enticing, and user-centric product copy for our product dashboard, consumer app, website, and additional experiences.
- Turn ChowNow brand ingredients into engaging and impactful microcopy that helps users quickly achieve their goals.
- Partner with our product, design, and QA teams to research, design, and create innovative new services and experiences for our restaurant partners and their customers.
- Learn from customer usage and leverage feedback and data to continually iterate, innovate, and evolve UX writing across our products.
- Work closely with Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers to define new UX writing opportunities.
- Communicate your thoughts and decisions effectively to the Executive team.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Complete our ChowNow onboarding (remote) where you’ll learn the ins and outs about ChowNow and our products.
- Meet the brand, product, design, and engineering teams.
- Observe 4 product demos with the sales team to better know our customers.
- Demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines, ideate quickly, and apply copy guidelines.
- Complete your first wave of short-to-medium UX writing assignments.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Begin to evolve the form and function of UX copy within ChowNow’s Brand Voice guidelines.
- Define and present the metrics you’ll use to measure the success of future UX copywriting.
- Grow comfortable with communicating and presenting your strategic decisions with stakeholders and the broader team.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Talk to customers and the support teams to gain empathy for customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Develop a robust UX copywriting process that allows for maximum alignment.
- Work with the brand and product department heads to officially establish the company’s UX copywriting guidelines.
- Ship your first medium-to-large project based on these guidelines.
You Should Apply If:
- You have a minimum of 6 years combined experience working at an advertising agency, digital agency, or in-house product department.
- Your portfolio shows the use of strategic insights and writing skills within B2B and B2C environments.
- You’re a highly motivated person who is self-directed and pays careful attention to detail.
- You’re an outstanding team contributor who is willing to give and receive feedback.
- You have the ability to conceptualize and communicate your ideas to stakeholders and evolve new initiatives within the organization.
- You have an understanding of what makes excellent copy, user experiences, and messaging.
- You have experience iterating rapidly and frequently to evolve a product, especially within consumer products, SaaS products, mobile applications, and interactive experiences.
- You have a deep understanding of how to frame common UX problems and know how to work with cross functional teams to synthesize new solutions.
- You obsess over details and are excited to polish until your work is perfect.
- You take risks, you are not afraid to fail, and you learn from mistakes.
- You’re always looking for inspiration and staying relevant with the latest apps, design trends, shifts in culture, innovations in communication strategies.
- You are full of creative ideas and capable of validating them through rapid prototyping and user testing.
- You are an engaging communicator, presenting ideas and concepts in a concise and thoughtful manner.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.